Nov 29, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Update: Robidas has been taken to a hospital (the UT Southwestern Center) with a fractured leg, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
It’s believed that he twisted his right knee/leg during the fall. Video (or a GIF) of the unfortunate incident will be added when or if it’s available.
The 36-year-old isn’t a widely known blueliner, but his versatility has served the Stars well over the years. He was commended for that when he played in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
While it seems like his role has diminished a bit this season – he’s averaging almost two fewer minutes per game – this could still be a substantial loss for Dallas. PHT will keep an eye out for updates regarding his condition.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)