Nov 29, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Update: Robidas has been taken to a hospital (the UT Southwestern Center) with a fractured leg, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
It’s believed that he twisted his right knee/leg during the fall. Video (or a GIF) of the unfortunate incident will be added when or if it’s available.
The 36-year-old isn’t a widely known blueliner, but his versatility has served the Stars well over the years. He was commended for that when he played in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
While it seems like his role has diminished a bit this season – he’s averaging almost two fewer minutes per game – this could still be a substantial loss for Dallas. PHT will keep an eye out for updates regarding his condition.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7