Nov 29, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
“It’s not directed at anybody or towards anybody,” Schneider told the Star-Ledger of his “Groundhog Day” remarks, comparing his current situation with Martin Brodeur to the one he had in Vancouver with Roberto Luongo.
“I fully understand the situation and respect what is going on and how well Marty has played and how he deserves to play. There’s one net so you have to find a way to co-exist and play well. I think we’re going to do that and we have. There won’t be any problems.”
Those remarks were in response to what Schneider said on Wednesday upon learning he’d be backing up Brodeur for a third consecutive game.
“It’s like Groundhog Day for me,” Schneider said, as per the Star-Ledger. “I can’t seem to escape it.”
Schneider said he’s “very surprised” and “frustrated” he’s not playing, but made point of saying Brodeur is playing well.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) November 27, 2013
On Friday, Schneider suggested a rough day at the office played a role in what he said.
“I’m good. I’m back to myself,” he explained. “Sometimes it’s just a bad day, bad practice, bad mood and things come out a certain way.”
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said he wasn’t upset with the comments, adding he would’ve been “a little disappointed” if Schneider wasn’t frustrated over not playing.
Schneider will be in goal tonight to face the Hurricanes in Carolina.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 4
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)