Nov 29, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
“It’s not directed at anybody or towards anybody,” Schneider told the Star-Ledger of his “Groundhog Day” remarks, comparing his current situation with Martin Brodeur to the one he had in Vancouver with Roberto Luongo.
“I fully understand the situation and respect what is going on and how well Marty has played and how he deserves to play. There’s one net so you have to find a way to co-exist and play well. I think we’re going to do that and we have. There won’t be any problems.”
Those remarks were in response to what Schneider said on Wednesday upon learning he’d be backing up Brodeur for a third consecutive game.
“It’s like Groundhog Day for me,” Schneider said, as per the Star-Ledger. “I can’t seem to escape it.”
Schneider said he’s “very surprised” and “frustrated” he’s not playing, but made point of saying Brodeur is playing well.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) November 27, 2013
On Friday, Schneider suggested a rough day at the office played a role in what he said.
“I’m good. I’m back to myself,” he explained. “Sometimes it’s just a bad day, bad practice, bad mood and things come out a certain way.”
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said he wasn’t upset with the comments, adding he would’ve been “a little disappointed” if Schneider wasn’t frustrated over not playing.
Schneider will be in goal tonight to face the Hurricanes in Carolina.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)