Nov 29, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
“It’s not directed at anybody or towards anybody,” Schneider told the Star-Ledger of his “Groundhog Day” remarks, comparing his current situation with Martin Brodeur to the one he had in Vancouver with Roberto Luongo.
“I fully understand the situation and respect what is going on and how well Marty has played and how he deserves to play. There’s one net so you have to find a way to co-exist and play well. I think we’re going to do that and we have. There won’t be any problems.”
Those remarks were in response to what Schneider said on Wednesday upon learning he’d be backing up Brodeur for a third consecutive game.
“It’s like Groundhog Day for me,” Schneider said, as per the Star-Ledger. “I can’t seem to escape it.”
Schneider said he’s “very surprised” and “frustrated” he’s not playing, but made point of saying Brodeur is playing well.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) November 27, 2013
On Friday, Schneider suggested a rough day at the office played a role in what he said.
“I’m good. I’m back to myself,” he explained. “Sometimes it’s just a bad day, bad practice, bad mood and things come out a certain way.”
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said he wasn’t upset with the comments, adding he would’ve been “a little disappointed” if Schneider wasn’t frustrated over not playing.
Schneider will be in goal tonight to face the Hurricanes in Carolina.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)