Nov 29, 2013, 12:48 AM EST
Maxim Lapierre isn’t expecting a warm welcome in San Jose on Friday.
The Blues agitator, who concussed Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle with a hit from behind in mid-October, says he’s ready for a harsh reception for the first meeting between the two clubs since the incident.
“Obviously I think it will just be a normal thing for the fans to react to that,” Lapierre told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I’m ready to face the music.”
Lapierre said that he and Boyle exchanged texts following the incident, but only to explain what each was thinking at the time of the hit. It doesn’t sound like any fences were mended — “I can’t say [Boyle’s] happy with it,” Lapierre explained — and Boyle told the San Jose Mercury News he’s not in the mood for making nice.
“Not really,” Boyle said, when asked if he was ready for a handshake moment with Lapierre. “Not right now.
“I understand there are times in a game with some of these open ice hits that are just part of hockey. But when you hit somebody from behind like that, it’s a lack of respect.”
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)