Nov 29, 2013, 9:51 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr made some more history on Friday. In the process, he helped the New Jersey Devils stop a three-game losing streak, as they beat the Carolina Hurricanes 5-2.
His 11th goal of the 2013-14 season gives him 692 in his career, tying him with Steve Yzerman for eighth all-time. He’s only two away from tying Mark Messier for seventh all-time at 694. Here’s the goal:
Jagr’s two assists also made a little history, although people generally don’t follow helpers as breathlessly as they do goals and points. The 41-year-old broke his tie for 11th all-time in assists with Joe Sakic tonight, as Jagr now has 1,018.
The Czech icon is encroaching on Mario Lemieux’s ranks in assists (1,018 to Lemieux’s 1,033 for 10th all-time) and points (1,710 to Lemieux’s 1,723 for seventh all-time).
Devils’ three goals in third period equal the number they scored in Schneider’s four previous starts.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) November 30, 2013
The Hurricanes have the same record, as they are now 10-11-5 after splitting a home-and-home set against New Jersey.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 20
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11