Nov 29, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr made some more history on Friday. In the process, he helped the New Jersey Devils stop a three-game losing streak, as they beat the Carolina Hurricanes 5-2.
His 11th goal of the 2013-14 season gives him 692 in his career, tying him with Steve Yzerman for eighth all-time. He’s only two away from tying Mark Messier for seventh all-time at 694. Here’s the goal:
Jagr’s two assists also made a little history, although people generally don’t follow helpers as breathlessly as they do goals and points. The 41-year-old broke his tie for 11th all-time in assists with Joe Sakic tonight, as Jagr now has 1,018.
The Czech icon is encroaching on Mario Lemieux’s ranks in assists (1,018 to Lemieux’s 1,033 for 10th all-time) and points (1,710 to Lemieux’s 1,723 for seventh all-time).
Devils’ three goals in third period equal the number they scored in Schneider’s four previous starts.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) November 30, 2013
The Hurricanes have the same record, as they are now 10-11-5 after splitting a home-and-home set against New Jersey.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32