Nov 29, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr made some more history on Friday. In the process, he helped the New Jersey Devils stop a three-game losing streak, as they beat the Carolina Hurricanes 5-2.
His 11th goal of the 2013-14 season gives him 692 in his career, tying him with Steve Yzerman for eighth all-time. He’s only two away from tying Mark Messier for seventh all-time at 694. Here’s the goal:
Jagr’s two assists also made a little history, although people generally don’t follow helpers as breathlessly as they do goals and points. The 41-year-old broke his tie for 11th all-time in assists with Joe Sakic tonight, as Jagr now has 1,018.
The Czech icon is encroaching on Mario Lemieux’s ranks in assists (1,018 to Lemieux’s 1,033 for 10th all-time) and points (1,710 to Lemieux’s 1,723 for seventh all-time).
Devils’ three goals in third period equal the number they scored in Schneider’s four previous starts.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) November 30, 2013
The Hurricanes have the same record, as they are now 10-11-5 after splitting a home-and-home set against New Jersey.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)