Nov 29, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr made some more history on Friday. In the process, he helped the New Jersey Devils stop a three-game losing streak, as they beat the Carolina Hurricanes 5-2.
His 11th goal of the 2013-14 season gives him 692 in his career, tying him with Steve Yzerman for eighth all-time. He’s only two away from tying Mark Messier for seventh all-time at 694. Here’s the goal:
Jagr’s two assists also made a little history, although people generally don’t follow helpers as breathlessly as they do goals and points. The 41-year-old broke his tie for 11th all-time in assists with Joe Sakic tonight, as Jagr now has 1,018.
The Czech icon is encroaching on Mario Lemieux’s ranks in assists (1,018 to Lemieux’s 1,033 for 10th all-time) and points (1,710 to Lemieux’s 1,723 for seventh all-time).
Devils’ three goals in third period equal the number they scored in Schneider’s four previous starts.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) November 30, 2013
The Hurricanes have the same record, as they are now 10-11-5 after splitting a home-and-home set against New Jersey.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)