Nov 29, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT
If you haven’t looked at the schedule yet, you might be surprised to find out that there’s an NHL game between Philadelphia and Winnipeg starting soon. At 11:30 a.m. ET to be exact.
For a lot of the players involved, this will be a whole new experience.
The Jets are in the same boat of course, although Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd sees it as a throwback to his youth.
“When you’re younger, you get up, eat breakfast and go,” Ladd said, according to the Winnipeg Sun.
Jets forward Chris Thorburn predicted that it will be a “shock to the system” and hoped his team would be the first to wake up. In turn, the Flyers also talked about the importance of starting strong.
Above all else though, there’s two points on the line and for a pair of squads that are trying to claw their way into playoff spots, every game is critical.
This contest will start a full slate of Black Friday contests, including our feature game between the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins on NBC. That contest will start at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)