Nov 29, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT
If you haven’t looked at the schedule yet, you might be surprised to find out that there’s an NHL game between Philadelphia and Winnipeg starting soon. At 11:30 a.m. ET to be exact.
For a lot of the players involved, this will be a whole new experience.
The Jets are in the same boat of course, although Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd sees it as a throwback to his youth.
“When you’re younger, you get up, eat breakfast and go,” Ladd said, according to the Winnipeg Sun.
Jets forward Chris Thorburn predicted that it will be a “shock to the system” and hoped his team would be the first to wake up. In turn, the Flyers also talked about the importance of starting strong.
Above all else though, there’s two points on the line and for a pair of squads that are trying to claw their way into playoff spots, every game is critical.
This contest will start a full slate of Black Friday contests, including our feature game between the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins on NBC. That contest will start at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 17
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 76
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 95
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)