Nov 29, 2013, 9:18 AM EST
If you haven’t looked at the schedule yet, you might be surprised to find out that there’s an NHL game between Philadelphia and Winnipeg starting soon. At 11:30 a.m. ET to be exact.
For a lot of the players involved, this will be a whole new experience.
The Jets are in the same boat of course, although Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd sees it as a throwback to his youth.
“When you’re younger, you get up, eat breakfast and go,” Ladd said, according to the Winnipeg Sun.
Jets forward Chris Thorburn predicted that it will be a “shock to the system” and hoped his team would be the first to wake up. In turn, the Flyers also talked about the importance of starting strong.
Above all else though, there’s two points on the line and for a pair of squads that are trying to claw their way into playoff spots, every game is critical.
This contest will start a full slate of Black Friday contests, including our feature game between the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins on NBC. That contest will start at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)