Nov 29, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT
If you haven’t looked at the schedule yet, you might be surprised to find out that there’s an NHL game between Philadelphia and Winnipeg starting soon. At 11:30 a.m. ET to be exact.
For a lot of the players involved, this will be a whole new experience.
The Jets are in the same boat of course, although Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd sees it as a throwback to his youth.
“When you’re younger, you get up, eat breakfast and go,” Ladd said, according to the Winnipeg Sun.
Jets forward Chris Thorburn predicted that it will be a “shock to the system” and hoped his team would be the first to wake up. In turn, the Flyers also talked about the importance of starting strong.
Above all else though, there’s two points on the line and for a pair of squads that are trying to claw their way into playoff spots, every game is critical.
This contest will start a full slate of Black Friday contests, including our feature game between the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins on NBC. That contest will start at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)