Nov 29, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
During the summer, Dustin Penner was in Bruce Boudreau’s doghouse. Now he’s looking like one of the biggest bargains of 2013 free agency, as he helped the Anaheim Ducks take a 5-2 win against the Calgary Flames on Friday.
Penner scored two goals, giving him a three-game goal-scoring streak (five tallies overall). The 31-year-old has almost a point-per-game this season, with 20 in 21 contests. It’s an understatement to say that he’s feeding off of Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry in a very promising way so far this season.
Penner isn’t the only Ducks addition who continued a hot start to the season. Frederik Anderson stopped 19 out of 21 shots to improve his record to 7-1-0. With Viktor Fasth injured and Jonas Hiller struggling, you have to wonder if Boudreau will lean more heavily on the Denmark native.
Anaheim has wins in three of its last four games, improving to 18-7-3 on the season. Calgary’s flirtation with respectability seems long gone, as the Flames have only won three games – and only one in regulation – this month.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 22
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)