Nov 29, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
That there blast by Bruins captain Zdeno Chara held up as the winner in a 3-2 Boston victory over the Rangers in today’s Thanksgiving Showdown on NBC.
For Chara, who also assisted on Brad Marchand‘s first-period goal before dropping the gloves with Rangers forward Brian Boyle in the second period, it completed the Gordie Howe hat trick. For the B’s, it was a nice win after getting smoked, 6-1, on Wednesday in Detroit.
New York, meanwhile, won’t have much time to recover from today’s loss. The Rangers host former coach John Tortorella and the Vancouver Canucks tomorrow afternoon in a game they should be extremely motivated to win, especially if the report that followed Tortorella’s firing was true.
By the sounds of it, the Rangers’ new coach, Alain Vigneault, wasn’t too pleased with his team’s performance today.
So there’s some more motivation for tomorrow.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)