Nov 29, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
That there blast by Bruins captain Zdeno Chara held up as the winner in a 3-2 Boston victory over the Rangers in today’s Thanksgiving Showdown on NBC.
For Chara, who also assisted on Brad Marchand‘s first-period goal before dropping the gloves with Rangers forward Brian Boyle in the second period, it completed the Gordie Howe hat trick. For the B’s, it was a nice win after getting smoked, 6-1, on Wednesday in Detroit.
New York, meanwhile, won’t have much time to recover from today’s loss. The Rangers host former coach John Tortorella and the Vancouver Canucks tomorrow afternoon in a game they should be extremely motivated to win, especially if the report that followed Tortorella’s firing was true.
By the sounds of it, the Rangers’ new coach, Alain Vigneault, wasn’t too pleased with his team’s performance today.
So there’s some more motivation for tomorrow.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)