Nov 29, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
That there blast by Bruins captain Zdeno Chara held up as the winner in a 3-2 Boston victory over the Rangers in today’s Thanksgiving Showdown on NBC.
For Chara, who also assisted on Brad Marchand‘s first-period goal before dropping the gloves with Rangers forward Brian Boyle in the second period, it completed the Gordie Howe hat trick. For the B’s, it was a nice win after getting smoked, 6-1, on Wednesday in Detroit.
New York, meanwhile, won’t have much time to recover from today’s loss. The Rangers host former coach John Tortorella and the Vancouver Canucks tomorrow afternoon in a game they should be extremely motivated to win, especially if the report that followed Tortorella’s firing was true.
By the sounds of it, the Rangers’ new coach, Alain Vigneault, wasn’t too pleased with his team’s performance today.
So there’s some more motivation for tomorrow.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)