Nov 29, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
Laich, 30, will miss tonight’s game with lower-body tightness, according to the Washington Post.
The oft-injured center has been relatively healthy this season, appearing in all 25 games while averaging close to 18 minutes a night and leading all Caps forwards in blocked shots (24).
As for Beagle…
The gritty checking winger that rose to prominence under Dale Hunter has been largely ineffective during the Adam Oates regime. He appeared in just seven regular-season games a year ago and appeared in just five games this season before becoming a regular healthy scratch in mid-October.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 2
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 28
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)