Nov 29, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
Laich, 30, will miss tonight’s game with lower-body tightness, according to the Washington Post.
The oft-injured center has been relatively healthy this season, appearing in all 25 games while averaging close to 18 minutes a night and leading all Caps forwards in blocked shots (24).
As for Beagle…
The gritty checking winger that rose to prominence under Dale Hunter has been largely ineffective during the Adam Oates regime. He appeared in just seven regular-season games a year ago and appeared in just five games this season before becoming a regular healthy scratch in mid-October.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 14
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 21
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (132)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)