Nov 29, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
Zach Parise deserves plenty of praise for returning from a foot injury weeks before anyone expected, but he still couldn’t lift the Minnesota Wild out of their slump. The Colorado Avalanche handed them their third loss in a row by a score of 3-1 on Friday.
Parise, 29, was clearly dissatisfied after the game, as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo reports.
“We played a soft hockey game,” Parise said. “We cheat. We turned the puck over. We turned away from everything. We make it easy for them.”
Among those benefiting were Gabriel Landeskog (one goal, two assists) and Nathan MacKinnon, who had a goal and an assist. Jean-Sebastien Giguere also became the first Avalanche goalie to begin a season 6-0-0.
“We’re just a different team,” Giguere said. “Last year is long forgotten. We’ve moved forward.”
The Wild didn’t exactly ease Parise back into action tonight.
He played a little more than 23 minutes on Friday, firing four shots on goal, taking one minor penalty and registering a -2 rating. If nothing else, his busy night of work might be a promising sign for a struggling Wild squad.
(Assuming he didn’t push it too far, of course.)
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)