Nov 29, 2013, 8:52 PM EST
Zach Parise deserves plenty of praise for returning from a foot injury weeks before anyone expected, but he still couldn’t lift the Minnesota Wild out of their slump. The Colorado Avalanche handed them their third loss in a row by a score of 3-1 on Friday.
Parise, 29, was clearly dissatisfied after the game, as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo reports.
“We played a soft hockey game,” Parise said. “We cheat. We turned the puck over. We turned away from everything. We make it easy for them.”
Among those benefiting were Gabriel Landeskog (one goal, two assists) and Nathan MacKinnon, who had a goal and an assist. Jean-Sebastien Giguere also became the first Avalanche goalie to begin a season 6-0-0.
“We’re just a different team,” Giguere said. “Last year is long forgotten. We’ve moved forward.”
The Wild didn’t exactly ease Parise back into action tonight.
He played a little more than 23 minutes on Friday, firing four shots on goal, taking one minor penalty and registering a -2 rating. If nothing else, his busy night of work might be a promising sign for a struggling Wild squad.
(Assuming he didn’t push it too far, of course.)
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 43
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)