Nov 29, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
Zach Parise deserves plenty of praise for returning from a foot injury weeks before anyone expected, but he still couldn’t lift the Minnesota Wild out of their slump. The Colorado Avalanche handed them their third loss in a row by a score of 3-1 on Friday.
Parise, 29, was clearly dissatisfied after the game, as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo reports.
“We played a soft hockey game,” Parise said. “We cheat. We turned the puck over. We turned away from everything. We make it easy for them.”
Among those benefiting were Gabriel Landeskog (one goal, two assists) and Nathan MacKinnon, who had a goal and an assist. Jean-Sebastien Giguere also became the first Avalanche goalie to begin a season 6-0-0.
“We’re just a different team,” Giguere said. “Last year is long forgotten. We’ve moved forward.”
The Wild didn’t exactly ease Parise back into action tonight.
He played a little more than 23 minutes on Friday, firing four shots on goal, taking one minor penalty and registering a -2 rating. If nothing else, his busy night of work might be a promising sign for a struggling Wild squad.
(Assuming he didn’t push it too far, of course.)
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 13
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 7
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 6
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 30
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)