Nov 29, 2013, 8:52 PM EST
Zach Parise deserves plenty of praise for returning from a foot injury weeks before anyone expected, but he still couldn’t lift the Minnesota Wild out of their slump. The Colorado Avalanche handed them their third loss in a row by a score of 3-1 on Friday.
Parise, 29, was clearly dissatisfied after the game, as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo reports.
“We played a soft hockey game,” Parise said. “We cheat. We turned the puck over. We turned away from everything. We make it easy for them.”
Among those benefiting were Gabriel Landeskog (one goal, two assists) and Nathan MacKinnon, who had a goal and an assist. Jean-Sebastien Giguere also became the first Avalanche goalie to begin a season 6-0-0.
“We’re just a different team,” Giguere said. “Last year is long forgotten. We’ve moved forward.”
The Wild didn’t exactly ease Parise back into action tonight.
He played a little more than 23 minutes on Friday, firing four shots on goal, taking one minor penalty and registering a -2 rating. If nothing else, his busy night of work might be a promising sign for a struggling Wild squad.
(Assuming he didn’t push it too far, of course.)
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (72)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)