Nov 29, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
Zach Parise deserves plenty of praise for returning from a foot injury weeks before anyone expected, but he still couldn’t lift the Minnesota Wild out of their slump. The Colorado Avalanche handed them their third loss in a row by a score of 3-1 on Friday.
Parise, 29, was clearly dissatisfied after the game, as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo reports.
“We played a soft hockey game,” Parise said. “We cheat. We turned the puck over. We turned away from everything. We make it easy for them.”
Among those benefiting were Gabriel Landeskog (one goal, two assists) and Nathan MacKinnon, who had a goal and an assist. Jean-Sebastien Giguere also became the first Avalanche goalie to begin a season 6-0-0.
“We’re just a different team,” Giguere said. “Last year is long forgotten. We’ve moved forward.”
The Wild didn’t exactly ease Parise back into action tonight.
He played a little more than 23 minutes on Friday, firing four shots on goal, taking one minor penalty and registering a -2 rating. If nothing else, his busy night of work might be a promising sign for a struggling Wild squad.
(Assuming he didn’t push it too far, of course.)
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)