Nov 28, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames’ list of ailments has grown by two key ones. The club announced today that veteran defenseman Dennis Wideman (fractured hand, out 6 to 8 weeks) and rookie forward Sean Monahan (hairline fracture in foot, week to week) have been placed on injured reserve.
In response, the Flames have called up center Paul Byron from AHL Abbotsford.
The Flames have just two wins in their last 10 games and are facing a pair of tough outings in Anaheim Friday and Los Angeles Saturday.
Wideman leads Calgary in average ice time (26:15) and has 12 points in 24 games. Suffice to say, his absence will be felt on a team that was already among the NHL’s worst.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)