Nov 28, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames’ list of ailments has grown by two key ones. The club announced today that veteran defenseman Dennis Wideman (fractured hand, out 6 to 8 weeks) and rookie forward Sean Monahan (hairline fracture in foot, week to week) have been placed on injured reserve.
In response, the Flames have called up center Paul Byron from AHL Abbotsford.
The Flames have just two wins in their last 10 games and are facing a pair of tough outings in Anaheim Friday and Los Angeles Saturday.
Wideman leads Calgary in average ice time (26:15) and has 12 points in 24 games. Suffice to say, his absence will be felt on a team that was already among the NHL’s worst.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)