Nov 28, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames’ list of ailments has grown by two key ones. The club announced today that veteran defenseman Dennis Wideman (fractured hand, out 6 to 8 weeks) and rookie forward Sean Monahan (hairline fracture in foot, week to week) have been placed on injured reserve.
In response, the Flames have called up center Paul Byron from AHL Abbotsford.
The Flames have just two wins in their last 10 games and are facing a pair of tough outings in Anaheim Friday and Los Angeles Saturday.
Wideman leads Calgary in average ice time (26:15) and has 12 points in 24 games. Suffice to say, his absence will be felt on a team that was already among the NHL’s worst.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 53
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 46
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)