Nov 28, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
On a night with a few high-scoring contests, here’s a couple of videos of some spectacular goaltending from around the National Hockey League on Wednesday.
The first video is of Cam Ward‘s act of absolute larceny on Adam Henrique, who made a move to the backhand on a scramble and looked to have a wide open net. Instead, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie, who has been added to the conversation for Canada’s Olympic hockey team, threw out the glove to deny the Devils a sure goal.
The Devils ended up losing this game 4-3. The Ward save late in the third period was the difference.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)