Nov 28, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
On a night with a few high-scoring contests, here’s a couple of videos of some spectacular goaltending from around the National Hockey League on Wednesday.
The first video is of Cam Ward‘s act of absolute larceny on Adam Henrique, who made a move to the backhand on a scramble and looked to have a wide open net. Instead, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie, who has been added to the conversation for Canada’s Olympic hockey team, threw out the glove to deny the Devils a sure goal.
The Devils ended up losing this game 4-3. The Ward save late in the third period was the difference.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 7
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 22
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 16
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)