Nov 28, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
On a night with a few high-scoring contests, here’s a couple of videos of some spectacular goaltending from around the National Hockey League on Wednesday.
The first video is of Cam Ward‘s act of absolute larceny on Adam Henrique, who made a move to the backhand on a scramble and looked to have a wide open net. Instead, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie, who has been added to the conversation for Canada’s Olympic hockey team, threw out the glove to deny the Devils a sure goal.
The Devils ended up losing this game 4-3. The Ward save late in the third period was the difference.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 16
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 21
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (132)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)