Nov 28, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
On a night with a few high-scoring contests, here’s a couple of videos of some spectacular goaltending from around the National Hockey League on Wednesday.
The first video is of Cam Ward‘s act of absolute larceny on Adam Henrique, who made a move to the backhand on a scramble and looked to have a wide open net. Instead, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie, who has been added to the conversation for Canada’s Olympic hockey team, threw out the glove to deny the Devils a sure goal.
The Devils ended up losing this game 4-3. The Ward save late in the third period was the difference.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)