Nov 28, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
On a night with a few high-scoring contests, here’s a couple of videos of some spectacular goaltending from around the National Hockey League on Wednesday.
The first video is of Cam Ward‘s act of absolute larceny on Adam Henrique, who made a move to the backhand on a scramble and looked to have a wide open net. Instead, the Carolina Hurricanes goalie, who has been added to the conversation for Canada’s Olympic hockey team, threw out the glove to deny the Devils a sure goal.
The Devils ended up losing this game 4-3. The Ward save late in the third period was the difference.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)