Nov 28, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Lupul suffered the injury during Monday’s 6-0 loss to Columbus and didn’t travel with the club on its current three-game road swing, which began with a 6-5 shootout loss in Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.
In 22 games with the Leafs this season, Lupul has eight goals, 15 points and 18 penalty minutes. The 30-year-old winger missed two games earlier in the year with a bruised foot, and missed extensive time last season with a concussion and broken forearm.
If the Grade 2 groin strain sounds familiar, it should. That’s the same injury L.A. goalie Jonathan Quick suffered two weeks ago, one that has him sidelined until around Christmas and currently on long-term injured reserve. Ergo, it’s very possible Lupul will be out for longer than just the next two games.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)