Nov 28, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Lupul suffered the injury during Monday’s 6-0 loss to Columbus and didn’t travel with the club on its current three-game road swing, which began with a 6-5 shootout loss in Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.
In 22 games with the Leafs this season, Lupul has eight goals, 15 points and 18 penalty minutes. The 30-year-old winger missed two games earlier in the year with a bruised foot, and missed extensive time last season with a concussion and broken forearm.
If the Grade 2 groin strain sounds familiar, it should. That’s the same injury L.A. goalie Jonathan Quick suffered two weeks ago, one that has him sidelined until around Christmas and currently on long-term injured reserve. Ergo, it’s very possible Lupul will be out for longer than just the next two games.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)