Nov 28, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Lupul suffered the injury during Monday’s 6-0 loss to Columbus and didn’t travel with the club on its current three-game road swing, which began with a 6-5 shootout loss in Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.
In 22 games with the Leafs this season, Lupul has eight goals, 15 points and 18 penalty minutes. The 30-year-old winger missed two games earlier in the year with a bruised foot, and missed extensive time last season with a concussion and broken forearm.
If the Grade 2 groin strain sounds familiar, it should. That’s the same injury L.A. goalie Jonathan Quick suffered two weeks ago, one that has him sidelined until around Christmas and currently on long-term injured reserve. Ergo, it’s very possible Lupul will be out for longer than just the next two games.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 73
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (74)