Nov 28, 2013, 6:59 PM EST
Lupul suffered the injury during Monday’s 6-0 loss to Columbus and didn’t travel with the club on its current three-game road swing, which began with a 6-5 shootout loss in Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.
In 22 games with the Leafs this season, Lupul has eight goals, 15 points and 18 penalty minutes. The 30-year-old winger missed two games earlier in the year with a bruised foot, and missed extensive time last season with a concussion and broken forearm.
If the Grade 2 groin strain sounds familiar, it should. That’s the same injury L.A. goalie Jonathan Quick suffered two weeks ago, one that has him sidelined until around Christmas and currently on long-term injured reserve. Ergo, it’s very possible Lupul will be out for longer than just the next two games.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)