Nov 28, 2013, 10:53 PM EDT
Koivu, 38, suffered the concussion on a hit from Columbus’ Brandon Dubinsky on Oct. 27, but has spent the last few weeks symptom-free, skating with teammates.
One of the team’s two alternate captains — along with Teemu Selanne — Koivu had two goals and three points in 12 games prior to getting hurt and was coming off a pretty solid ’13 campaign in which he put up 27 points in 47 games played.
In anticipation of Koivu’s return, the Ducks sent 21-year-old forwards Devante Smith-Pelly and Emerson Etem to AHL Norfolk yesterday. Anaheim hosts Calgary on Friday.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)