Nov 28, 2013, 10:53 PM EDT
Koivu, 38, suffered the concussion on a hit from Columbus’ Brandon Dubinsky on Oct. 27, but has spent the last few weeks symptom-free, skating with teammates.
One of the team’s two alternate captains — along with Teemu Selanne — Koivu had two goals and three points in 12 games prior to getting hurt and was coming off a pretty solid ’13 campaign in which he put up 27 points in 47 games played.
In anticipation of Koivu’s return, the Ducks sent 21-year-old forwards Devante Smith-Pelly and Emerson Etem to AHL Norfolk yesterday. Anaheim hosts Calgary on Friday.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24