Nov 28, 2013, 10:53 PM EST
Koivu, 38, suffered the concussion on a hit from Columbus’ Brandon Dubinsky on Oct. 27, but has spent the last few weeks symptom-free, skating with teammates.
One of the team’s two alternate captains — along with Teemu Selanne — Koivu had two goals and three points in 12 games prior to getting hurt and was coming off a pretty solid ’13 campaign in which he put up 27 points in 47 games played.
In anticipation of Koivu’s return, the Ducks sent 21-year-old forwards Devante Smith-Pelly and Emerson Etem to AHL Norfolk yesterday. Anaheim hosts Calgary on Friday.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in a bind with Montoya also hurt 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)