Nov 28, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have claimed forward Corey Tropp off waivers from Buffalo.
From the club release:
Tropp, 24, has registered three goals and six assists for nine points and 20 penalty minutes in 43 career NHL games, including 0-1-1 in nine appearances with the Sabres this season. He made his NHL debut during the 2011-12 season, tallying 3-5-8 and 20 penalty minutes in 34 games with Buffalo. He missed the majority of the 2012-13 campaign due to a knee injury.
Selected by Buffalo in the third round, 89th overall, in the 2007 NHL Draft, Tropp has also appeared in 109 career American Hockey League games and collected 21-45-66 and 166 penalty minutes with the Portland Pirates and Rochester Americans.
Tropp was made available after the Sabres claimed forward Matt D’Agostini off waivers from Pittsburgh yesterday.
“That’s unfortunate that we don’t have enough positions or room for him right now,” said Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News. “It’s good for him to be picked up by somebody else and get his career going [in Columbus]. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t happening here at that moment. You take a chance, and now it’s good for Corey.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)