Nov 28, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have claimed forward Corey Tropp off waivers from Buffalo.
From the club release:
Tropp, 24, has registered three goals and six assists for nine points and 20 penalty minutes in 43 career NHL games, including 0-1-1 in nine appearances with the Sabres this season. He made his NHL debut during the 2011-12 season, tallying 3-5-8 and 20 penalty minutes in 34 games with Buffalo. He missed the majority of the 2012-13 campaign due to a knee injury.
Selected by Buffalo in the third round, 89th overall, in the 2007 NHL Draft, Tropp has also appeared in 109 career American Hockey League games and collected 21-45-66 and 166 penalty minutes with the Portland Pirates and Rochester Americans.
Tropp was made available after the Sabres claimed forward Matt D’Agostini off waivers from Pittsburgh yesterday.
“That’s unfortunate that we don’t have enough positions or room for him right now,” said Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News. “It’s good for him to be picked up by somebody else and get his career going [in Columbus]. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t happening here at that moment. You take a chance, and now it’s good for Corey.”
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)