Nov 28, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have claimed forward Corey Tropp off waivers from Buffalo.
From the club release:
Tropp, 24, has registered three goals and six assists for nine points and 20 penalty minutes in 43 career NHL games, including 0-1-1 in nine appearances with the Sabres this season. He made his NHL debut during the 2011-12 season, tallying 3-5-8 and 20 penalty minutes in 34 games with Buffalo. He missed the majority of the 2012-13 campaign due to a knee injury.
Selected by Buffalo in the third round, 89th overall, in the 2007 NHL Draft, Tropp has also appeared in 109 career American Hockey League games and collected 21-45-66 and 166 penalty minutes with the Portland Pirates and Rochester Americans.
Tropp was made available after the Sabres claimed forward Matt D’Agostini off waivers from Pittsburgh yesterday.
“That’s unfortunate that we don’t have enough positions or room for him right now,” said Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News. “It’s good for him to be picked up by somebody else and get his career going [in Columbus]. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t happening here at that moment. You take a chance, and now it’s good for Corey.”
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 0
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 7
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)