Nov 28, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have claimed forward Corey Tropp off waivers from Buffalo.
From the club release:
Tropp, 24, has registered three goals and six assists for nine points and 20 penalty minutes in 43 career NHL games, including 0-1-1 in nine appearances with the Sabres this season. He made his NHL debut during the 2011-12 season, tallying 3-5-8 and 20 penalty minutes in 34 games with Buffalo. He missed the majority of the 2012-13 campaign due to a knee injury.
Selected by Buffalo in the third round, 89th overall, in the 2007 NHL Draft, Tropp has also appeared in 109 career American Hockey League games and collected 21-45-66 and 166 penalty minutes with the Portland Pirates and Rochester Americans.
Tropp was made available after the Sabres claimed forward Matt D’Agostini off waivers from Pittsburgh yesterday.
“That’s unfortunate that we don’t have enough positions or room for him right now,” said Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News. “It’s good for him to be picked up by somebody else and get his career going [in Columbus]. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t happening here at that moment. You take a chance, and now it’s good for Corey.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)