Nov 28, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have claimed forward Corey Tropp off waivers from Buffalo.
From the club release:
Tropp, 24, has registered three goals and six assists for nine points and 20 penalty minutes in 43 career NHL games, including 0-1-1 in nine appearances with the Sabres this season. He made his NHL debut during the 2011-12 season, tallying 3-5-8 and 20 penalty minutes in 34 games with Buffalo. He missed the majority of the 2012-13 campaign due to a knee injury.
Selected by Buffalo in the third round, 89th overall, in the 2007 NHL Draft, Tropp has also appeared in 109 career American Hockey League games and collected 21-45-66 and 166 penalty minutes with the Portland Pirates and Rochester Americans.
Tropp was made available after the Sabres claimed forward Matt D’Agostini off waivers from Pittsburgh yesterday.
“That’s unfortunate that we don’t have enough positions or room for him right now,” said Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News. “It’s good for him to be picked up by somebody else and get his career going [in Columbus]. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t happening here at that moment. You take a chance, and now it’s good for Corey.”
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 0
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)