Nov 28, 2013, 11:14 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov’s first start for Edmonton couldn’t have gone much better.
The Russian netminder kicked out all 33 shots faced on Thursday night as the Oilers beat the Preds 3-0 in Nashville, earning both his first win and first shutout since joining the Oilers earlier this month.
“It was great,” Bryzgalov said after the game. “Shutouts are always fun.”
The 33-year-old, bought out his nine-year, $51 million with Philly deal in July, stopped 13 shots in the first period and 10 in the second and third. The win came after he made his Oilers debut midweek in relief of Devan Dubnyk during a 5-1 loss to Chicago, in which he stopped 12 of 13 shots — so, all told, Bryzgalov has now surrendered just one marker on 46 shots since joining Edmonton, good for a .978 save percentage.
“Check-marks across the board for him tonight,” head coach Dallas Eakins said. “[Bryzgalov] did a great job.”
With the victory, Edmonton has now won four of five.
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 0
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)