Nov 27, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
His goal tonight puts him into a tie with Alex Ovechkin for the league lead in that category. And what a beauty it was.Steen buried a backdoor pass from David Backes to give St. Louis a two-goal lead over their Central Division opponents in the first period.
The win improves the Blues’ record to 18-3-3, and temporarily puts them in the division lead, ahead of the Chicago Blackhawks.
By the way, Steen’s career high in goals was 24. That was in 2009-10. He’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but even this torrid pace takes the theory of playing for a larger contract to a whole new level.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63