Nov 27, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
His goal tonight puts him into a tie with Alex Ovechkin for the league lead in that category. And what a beauty it was.Steen buried a backdoor pass from David Backes to give St. Louis a two-goal lead over their Central Division opponents in the first period.
The win improves the Blues’ record to 18-3-3, and temporarily puts them in the division lead, ahead of the Chicago Blackhawks.
By the way, Steen’s career high in goals was 24. That was in 2009-10. He’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but even this torrid pace takes the theory of playing for a larger contract to a whole new level.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6