Nov 27, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
His goal tonight puts him into a tie with Alex Ovechkin for the league lead in that category. And what a beauty it was.Steen buried a backdoor pass from David Backes to give St. Louis a two-goal lead over their Central Division opponents in the first period.
The win improves the Blues’ record to 18-3-3, and temporarily puts them in the division lead, ahead of the Chicago Blackhawks.
By the way, Steen’s career high in goals was 24. That was in 2009-10. He’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but even this torrid pace takes the theory of playing for a larger contract to a whole new level.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25