Nov 27, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
His goal tonight puts him into a tie with Alex Ovechkin for the league lead in that category. And what a beauty it was.Steen buried a backdoor pass from David Backes to give St. Louis a two-goal lead over their Central Division opponents in the first period.
The win improves the Blues’ record to 18-3-3, and temporarily puts them in the division lead, ahead of the Chicago Blackhawks.
By the way, Steen’s career high in goals was 24. That was in 2009-10. He’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but even this torrid pace takes the theory of playing for a larger contract to a whole new level.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)