Nov 27, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
His goal tonight puts him into a tie with Alex Ovechkin for the league lead in that category. And what a beauty it was.Steen buried a backdoor pass from David Backes to give St. Louis a two-goal lead over their Central Division opponents in the first period.
The win improves the Blues’ record to 18-3-3, and temporarily puts them in the division lead, ahead of the Chicago Blackhawks.
By the way, Steen’s career high in goals was 24. That was in 2009-10. He’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but even this torrid pace takes the theory of playing for a larger contract to a whole new level.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22