Nov 27, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche center Matt Duchene could return soon from an oblique injury. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports that Duchene is unlikely to play against the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday, but could be back on Friday against the Minnesota Wild.
That call will be made on Thursday, so it can still go either way, although head coach Patrick Roy said there was a “big chance” Friday would work out.
The 22-year-old has been dazzling so far this season, scoring 12 goals (many of them highlight reel-worthy) and 20 points in 19 games. Surprisingly, the Avalanche keep piling up wins even without their top scorer; Colorado is currently on a three-game winning streak.
Even so, the Avs would be excited to get Duchene back, whether it’s on Friday or a little later.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40