Nov 27, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche center Matt Duchene could return soon from an oblique injury. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports that Duchene is unlikely to play against the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday, but could be back on Friday against the Minnesota Wild.
That call will be made on Thursday, so it can still go either way, although head coach Patrick Roy said there was a “big chance” Friday would work out.
The 22-year-old has been dazzling so far this season, scoring 12 goals (many of them highlight reel-worthy) and 20 points in 19 games. Surprisingly, the Avalanche keep piling up wins even without their top scorer; Colorado is currently on a three-game winning streak.
Even so, the Avs would be excited to get Duchene back, whether it’s on Friday or a little later.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 6
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)