Nov 27, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche center Matt Duchene could return soon from an oblique injury. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports that Duchene is unlikely to play against the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday, but could be back on Friday against the Minnesota Wild.
That call will be made on Thursday, so it can still go either way, although head coach Patrick Roy said there was a “big chance” Friday would work out.
The 22-year-old has been dazzling so far this season, scoring 12 goals (many of them highlight reel-worthy) and 20 points in 19 games. Surprisingly, the Avalanche keep piling up wins even without their top scorer; Colorado is currently on a three-game winning streak.
Even so, the Avs would be excited to get Duchene back, whether it’s on Friday or a little later.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 6
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115