Nov 27, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche center Matt Duchene could return soon from an oblique injury. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports that Duchene is unlikely to play against the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday, but could be back on Friday against the Minnesota Wild.
That call will be made on Thursday, so it can still go either way, although head coach Patrick Roy said there was a “big chance” Friday would work out.
The 22-year-old has been dazzling so far this season, scoring 12 goals (many of them highlight reel-worthy) and 20 points in 19 games. Surprisingly, the Avalanche keep piling up wins even without their top scorer; Colorado is currently on a three-game winning streak.
Even so, the Avs would be excited to get Duchene back, whether it’s on Friday or a little later.
- Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 66
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)