Nov 27, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche center Matt Duchene could return soon from an oblique injury. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports that Duchene is unlikely to play against the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday, but could be back on Friday against the Minnesota Wild.
That call will be made on Thursday, so it can still go either way, although head coach Patrick Roy said there was a “big chance” Friday would work out.
The 22-year-old has been dazzling so far this season, scoring 12 goals (many of them highlight reel-worthy) and 20 points in 19 games. Surprisingly, the Avalanche keep piling up wins even without their top scorer; Colorado is currently on a three-game winning streak.
Even so, the Avs would be excited to get Duchene back, whether it’s on Friday or a little later.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)