Nov 27, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
According to MLive, the deal is worth $25.5 million for an average annual cap hit of $4.25 million.
Ericsson, 29, has spent his entire seven-year career in Detroit and is currently in the final season of a three-year, $9.75 million deal signed in 2011.
The Wings’ ninth-round pick (291st overall!) at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, Ericsson rose to prominence during the 2009 Stanley Cup run, in which he finished with four goals and eight points over 22 games, averaging 18:44 TOI per night.
While he’s struggled to find that impressive form in subsequent years, Ericsson has remained a fairly steady presence on the Detroit blueline and shouldered an increased load last season, following the retirement of Nicklas Lidstrom. Ericsson averaged a career-high 21:19 TOI in ’13, scoring three goals and 13 points in 45 games.
The 6-foot-4, 220-pound rearguard has been solid again this season, scoring five points in 15 games despite missing significant time with an upper-body injury. He’s also averaging over 22 minutes per game.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)