Nov 27, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
Edmonton has recalled defenseman Denis Grebeshkov from AHL Oklahoma City, the club announced on Wednesday.
Grebeshkov, 30, has been in the AHL since clearing waivers in late October. Edmonton put him on the wire after a brief three-game stint in which he failed to score a point while averaging 11:36 TOI per game.
The Russian rearguard has five points in 11 games with OKC this season, his first back in North America following a three-year stint in the KHL. The former first-round pick is playing this season on a one-year, $1.5 million deal.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 78
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32