Nov 27, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr continues to hit milestones along his Hall-of-Fame career.
On Wednesday, Jagr scored his 10th goal of the season in the New Jersey Devils 4-3 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes.
But it was also career goal No. 691 for the 41-year-old right winger, which means he surpasses his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for ninth on the all-time goal list, according to the Devils public relations department.
Despite his age and the longevity of his career of 1,416 regular season games, Jagr continues to maintain a steady scoring pace. His goal against the Hurricanes gave him five in the last six games.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 9
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 8
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)