Nov 27, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr continues to hit milestones along his Hall-of-Fame career.
On Wednesday, Jagr scored his 10th goal of the season in the New Jersey Devils 4-3 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes.
But it was also career goal No. 691 for the 41-year-old right winger, which means he surpasses his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for ninth on the all-time goal list, according to the Devils public relations department.
Despite his age and the longevity of his career of 1,416 regular season games, Jagr continues to maintain a steady scoring pace. His goal against the Hurricanes gave him five in the last six games.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)