Nov 27, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr continues to hit milestones along his Hall-of-Fame career.
On Wednesday, Jagr scored his 10th goal of the season in the New Jersey Devils 4-3 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes.
But it was also career goal No. 691 for the 41-year-old right winger, which means he surpasses his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for ninth on the all-time goal list, according to the Devils public relations department.
Despite his age and the longevity of his career of 1,416 regular season games, Jagr continues to maintain a steady scoring pace. His goal against the Hurricanes gave him five in the last six games.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45