Nov 27, 2013, 12:39 AM EST
The New York Islanders rolled out the duds they’ll don against the New York Rangers in a Stadium Series matchup at Yankee Stadium on Jan. 29.
New York Newsday shared the handout of Tavares dressed in the full uniform at midnight, so feast your eyes:
The jersey-wearer is impressed, for one.
“I think they’re really sharp,” Tavares said. “We’ve seen in the past in a lot of outdoor games a kind of retro, heritage, old-school kinda look. But this is newer, more modern.”
Newsday’s criticism: where’s the Island?
The classic emblem, featuring an orange profile of Long Island, has been done away with in favor of a more stylish design. The Stadium Series jerseys simplify the team¹s symbol by enlarging the familiar top of the logo — an “NY” that morphs into a hockey stick — on the chest. General manager Garth Snow as well as coaches and players from the organization had input on the design.
So, what do you think? Would that look be George Jetson-approved?
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans have a right to be upset with St. Louis 2
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)