Nov 27, 2013, 12:39 AM EDT
The New York Islanders rolled out the duds they’ll don against the New York Rangers in a Stadium Series matchup at Yankee Stadium on Jan. 29.
New York Newsday shared the handout of Tavares dressed in the full uniform at midnight, so feast your eyes:
The jersey-wearer is impressed, for one.
“I think they’re really sharp,” Tavares said. “We’ve seen in the past in a lot of outdoor games a kind of retro, heritage, old-school kinda look. But this is newer, more modern.”
Newsday’s criticism: where’s the Island?
The classic emblem, featuring an orange profile of Long Island, has been done away with in favor of a more stylish design. The Stadium Series jerseys simplify the team¹s symbol by enlarging the familiar top of the logo — an “NY” that morphs into a hockey stick — on the chest. General manager Garth Snow as well as coaches and players from the organization had input on the design.
So, what do you think? Would that look be George Jetson-approved?
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 20
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)