Nov 27, 2013, 12:39 AM EDT
The New York Islanders rolled out the duds they’ll don against the New York Rangers in a Stadium Series matchup at Yankee Stadium on Jan. 29.
New York Newsday shared the handout of Tavares dressed in the full uniform at midnight, so feast your eyes:
The jersey-wearer is impressed, for one.
“I think they’re really sharp,” Tavares said. “We’ve seen in the past in a lot of outdoor games a kind of retro, heritage, old-school kinda look. But this is newer, more modern.”
Newsday’s criticism: where’s the Island?
The classic emblem, featuring an orange profile of Long Island, has been done away with in favor of a more stylish design. The Stadium Series jerseys simplify the team¹s symbol by enlarging the familiar top of the logo — an “NY” that morphs into a hockey stick — on the chest. General manager Garth Snow as well as coaches and players from the organization had input on the design.
So, what do you think? Would that look be George Jetson-approved?
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 0
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 7
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)