Nov 27, 2013, 12:39 AM EDT
The New York Islanders rolled out the duds they’ll don against the New York Rangers in a Stadium Series matchup at Yankee Stadium on Jan. 29.
New York Newsday shared the handout of Tavares dressed in the full uniform at midnight, so feast your eyes:
The jersey-wearer is impressed, for one.
“I think they’re really sharp,” Tavares said. “We’ve seen in the past in a lot of outdoor games a kind of retro, heritage, old-school kinda look. But this is newer, more modern.”
Newsday’s criticism: where’s the Island?
The classic emblem, featuring an orange profile of Long Island, has been done away with in favor of a more stylish design. The Stadium Series jerseys simplify the team¹s symbol by enlarging the familiar top of the logo — an “NY” that morphs into a hockey stick — on the chest. General manager Garth Snow as well as coaches and players from the organization had input on the design.
So, what do you think? Would that look be George Jetson-approved?
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 0
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 1
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 12
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 103
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)