Nov 27, 2013, 12:39 AM EDT
The New York Islanders rolled out the duds they’ll don against the New York Rangers in a Stadium Series matchup at Yankee Stadium on Jan. 29.
New York Newsday shared the handout of Tavares dressed in the full uniform at midnight, so feast your eyes:
The jersey-wearer is impressed, for one.
“I think they’re really sharp,” Tavares said. “We’ve seen in the past in a lot of outdoor games a kind of retro, heritage, old-school kinda look. But this is newer, more modern.”
Newsday’s criticism: where’s the Island?
The classic emblem, featuring an orange profile of Long Island, has been done away with in favor of a more stylish design. The Stadium Series jerseys simplify the team¹s symbol by enlarging the familiar top of the logo — an “NY” that morphs into a hockey stick — on the chest. General manager Garth Snow as well as coaches and players from the organization had input on the design.
So, what do you think? Would that look be George Jetson-approved?
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)