Nov 27, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
After coming back from a lower-body injury on Nov. 21, Marian Hossa had to return to Chicago while the Blackhawks were in the midst of a road trip. He was absent for two games, but has rejoined the squad in Calgary for Wednesday’s contest.
Hossa, 34, left the team to be with his wife after she was hospitalized with an illness. Thankfully, she is feeling better now and has been released.
“You love hockey so much but family is the most important thing for me and, I’m sure, everyone here,” he told CSN Chicago. “As soon as something like this happens, you want to be there for them.”
With Hossa back and Michal Handzus‘ return from an upper-body on Monday, the Blackhawks are almost at full strength. They should get another boost in the near future as defenseman Michael Kostka (foot) is almost ready to play.
With all that in mind, Chicago has sent 22-year-old forward Jeremy Morin to AHL Rockford.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)