Nov 27, 2013, 9:14 AM EST
After coming back from a lower-body injury on Nov. 21, Marian Hossa had to return to Chicago while the Blackhawks were in the midst of a road trip. He was absent for two games, but has rejoined the squad in Calgary for Wednesday’s contest.
Hossa, 34, left the team to be with his wife after she was hospitalized with an illness. Thankfully, she is feeling better now and has been released.
“You love hockey so much but family is the most important thing for me and, I’m sure, everyone here,” he told CSN Chicago. “As soon as something like this happens, you want to be there for them.”
With Hossa back and Michal Handzus‘ return from an upper-body on Monday, the Blackhawks are almost at full strength. They should get another boost in the near future as defenseman Michael Kostka (foot) is almost ready to play.
With all that in mind, Chicago has sent 22-year-old forward Jeremy Morin to AHL Rockford.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)