Nov 27, 2013, 9:14 AM EST
After coming back from a lower-body injury on Nov. 21, Marian Hossa had to return to Chicago while the Blackhawks were in the midst of a road trip. He was absent for two games, but has rejoined the squad in Calgary for Wednesday’s contest.
Hossa, 34, left the team to be with his wife after she was hospitalized with an illness. Thankfully, she is feeling better now and has been released.
“You love hockey so much but family is the most important thing for me and, I’m sure, everyone here,” he told CSN Chicago. “As soon as something like this happens, you want to be there for them.”
With Hossa back and Michal Handzus‘ return from an upper-body on Monday, the Blackhawks are almost at full strength. They should get another boost in the near future as defenseman Michael Kostka (foot) is almost ready to play.
With all that in mind, Chicago has sent 22-year-old forward Jeremy Morin to AHL Rockford.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)