Nov 27, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
After coming back from a lower-body injury on Nov. 21, Marian Hossa had to return to Chicago while the Blackhawks were in the midst of a road trip. He was absent for two games, but has rejoined the squad in Calgary for Wednesday’s contest.
Hossa, 34, left the team to be with his wife after she was hospitalized with an illness. Thankfully, she is feeling better now and has been released.
“You love hockey so much but family is the most important thing for me and, I’m sure, everyone here,” he told CSN Chicago. “As soon as something like this happens, you want to be there for them.”
With Hossa back and Michal Handzus‘ return from an upper-body on Monday, the Blackhawks are almost at full strength. They should get another boost in the near future as defenseman Michael Kostka (foot) is almost ready to play.
With all that in mind, Chicago has sent 22-year-old forward Jeremy Morin to AHL Rockford.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)