Nov 27, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Rick Dudley won’t be going back to Buffalo.
On Wednesday, Montreal announced they’ve re-upped with Dudley — currently serving as assistant to GM Marc Bergevin — on a contract extension, ruling out the possibility of Dudley returning to Buffalo for the vacant Sabres GM gig.
Considered one of the candidates on Pat LaFontaine’s shortlist, Dudley has extensive GM experience, having served in that role for the Senators, Lightning, Panthers and Thrashers.
According to TSN, the Canadiens were approached by the Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (95)