Nov 27, 2013, 3:52 PM EST
Rick Dudley won’t be going back to Buffalo.
On Wednesday, Montreal announced they’ve re-upped with Dudley — currently serving as assistant to GM Marc Bergevin — on a contract extension, ruling out the possibility of Dudley returning to Buffalo for the vacant Sabres GM gig.
Considered one of the candidates on Pat LaFontaine’s shortlist, Dudley has extensive GM experience, having served in that role for the Senators, Lightning, Panthers and Thrashers.
According to TSN, the Canadiens were approached by the Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32