Nov 27, 2013, 3:52 PM EST
Rick Dudley won’t be going back to Buffalo.
On Wednesday, Montreal announced they’ve re-upped with Dudley — currently serving as assistant to GM Marc Bergevin — on a contract extension, ruling out the possibility of Dudley returning to Buffalo for the vacant Sabres GM gig.
Considered one of the candidates on Pat LaFontaine’s shortlist, Dudley has extensive GM experience, having served in that role for the Senators, Lightning, Panthers and Thrashers.
According to TSN, the Canadiens were approached by the Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 0
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)