Nov 27, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers were without Matt Read against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday night.
He sat out due to a lower-body injury and as now listed as day-to-day, according to Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren in a statement released by the club.
The Flyers scored twice in the span of 40 seconds in the final two minutes of regulation to close Tampa Bay’s three-goal lead down to just one, but eventually lost 4-2.
In 23 games this season, the 27-year-old Read has eight goals and 11 points. The injury apparently occurred on a recent shot block.
“I just blocked a shot in the wrong spot,” said Read, as per CSN Philadelphia. “My skate doesn’t fit properly right now. I’ll take a couple days off and hopefully, let that swelling go down. We’ll see.”
“You want to play at 100 percent but if you can’t, you feel you can’t help the team so you let someone else healthy take your spot.”
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (100)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)