Nov 27, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers were without Matt Read against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday night.
He sat out due to a lower-body injury and as now listed as day-to-day, according to Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren in a statement released by the club.
The Flyers scored twice in the span of 40 seconds in the final two minutes of regulation to close Tampa Bay’s three-goal lead down to just one, but eventually lost 4-2.
In 23 games this season, the 27-year-old Read has eight goals and 11 points. The injury apparently occurred on a recent shot block.
“I just blocked a shot in the wrong spot,” said Read, as per CSN Philadelphia. “My skate doesn’t fit properly right now. I’ll take a couple days off and hopefully, let that swelling go down. We’ll see.”
“You want to play at 100 percent but if you can’t, you feel you can’t help the team so you let someone else healthy take your spot.”
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)