Nov 27, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers were without Matt Read against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday night.
He sat out due to a lower-body injury and as now listed as day-to-day, according to Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren in a statement released by the club.
The Flyers scored twice in the span of 40 seconds in the final two minutes of regulation to close Tampa Bay’s three-goal lead down to just one, but eventually lost 4-2.
In 23 games this season, the 27-year-old Read has eight goals and 11 points. The injury apparently occurred on a recent shot block.
“I just blocked a shot in the wrong spot,” said Read, as per CSN Philadelphia. “My skate doesn’t fit properly right now. I’ll take a couple days off and hopefully, let that swelling go down. We’ll see.”
“You want to play at 100 percent but if you can’t, you feel you can’t help the team so you let someone else healthy take your spot.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)