Nov 27, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers were without Matt Read against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday night.
He sat out due to a lower-body injury and as now listed as day-to-day, according to Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren in a statement released by the club.
The Flyers scored twice in the span of 40 seconds in the final two minutes of regulation to close Tampa Bay’s three-goal lead down to just one, but eventually lost 4-2.
In 23 games this season, the 27-year-old Read has eight goals and 11 points. The injury apparently occurred on a recent shot block.
“I just blocked a shot in the wrong spot,” said Read, as per CSN Philadelphia. “My skate doesn’t fit properly right now. I’ll take a couple days off and hopefully, let that swelling go down. We’ll see.”
“You want to play at 100 percent but if you can’t, you feel you can’t help the team so you let someone else healthy take your spot.”
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)