Nov 27, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers were without Matt Read against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday night.
He sat out due to a lower-body injury and as now listed as day-to-day, according to Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren in a statement released by the club.
The Flyers scored twice in the span of 40 seconds in the final two minutes of regulation to close Tampa Bay’s three-goal lead down to just one, but eventually lost 4-2.
In 23 games this season, the 27-year-old Read has eight goals and 11 points. The injury apparently occurred on a recent shot block.
“I just blocked a shot in the wrong spot,” said Read, as per CSN Philadelphia. “My skate doesn’t fit properly right now. I’ll take a couple days off and hopefully, let that swelling go down. We’ll see.”
“You want to play at 100 percent but if you can’t, you feel you can’t help the team so you let someone else healthy take your spot.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)