Nov 27, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Bonino, a sixth round pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, is enjoying a career campaign in Anaheim this season, having already posted 16 points through 27 games (his career-high is 18 points).
The 25-year-old is also averaging close to 16 minutes per night and is tied with Dustin Penner for third on the team in goals, with seven.
Bonino’s new deal will carry an average annual cap hit of $1.9 million, a nice bump from the $700,000 he was making on his previous deal (a two-year, $1.4 million contract that expires in July).
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)