Nov 27, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Bonino, a sixth round pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, is enjoying a career campaign in Anaheim this season, having already posted 16 points through 27 games (his career-high is 18 points).
The 25-year-old is also averaging close to 16 minutes per night and is tied with Dustin Penner for third on the team in goals, with seven.
Bonino’s new deal will carry an average annual cap hit of $1.9 million, a nice bump from the $700,000 he was making on his previous deal (a two-year, $1.4 million contract that expires in July).
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)