Nov 27, 2013, 7:59 PM EST
Bonino, a sixth round pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, is enjoying a career campaign in Anaheim this season, having already posted 16 points through 27 games (his career-high is 18 points).
The 25-year-old is also averaging close to 16 minutes per night and is tied with Dustin Penner for third on the team in goals, with seven.
Bonino’s new deal will carry an average annual cap hit of $1.9 million, a nice bump from the $700,000 he was making on his previous deal (a two-year, $1.4 million contract that expires in July).
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)