Nov 27, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Bonino, a sixth round pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, is enjoying a career campaign in Anaheim this season, having already posted 16 points through 27 games (his career-high is 18 points).
The 25-year-old is also averaging close to 16 minutes per night and is tied with Dustin Penner for third on the team in goals, with seven.
Bonino’s new deal will carry an average annual cap hit of $1.9 million, a nice bump from the $700,000 he was making on his previous deal (a two-year, $1.4 million contract that expires in July).
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)