Nov 27, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Bonino, a sixth round pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, is enjoying a career campaign in Anaheim this season, having already posted 16 points through 27 games (his career-high is 18 points).
The 25-year-old is also averaging close to 16 minutes per night and is tied with Dustin Penner for third on the team in goals, with seven.
Bonino’s new deal will carry an average annual cap hit of $1.9 million, a nice bump from the $700,000 he was making on his previous deal (a two-year, $1.4 million contract that expires in July).
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 0
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 24
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 55
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (56)