Nov 27, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
In an Original Six match-up, the Detroit Red Wings hung six goals on the Boston Bruins.
The Red Wings took the lead in the first period and the floodgates opened in the second and third periods, as they defeated the visiting Bruins 6-1 to conclude Wednesday’s Rivalry Night on NBCSN.
- Things haven’t necessarily gone the Red Wings’ way of late. And you can look at this any number of ways, depending on your perspective. The Red Wings have won only three times in their last 11 games; won three times in their last four games; and twice in a row. Moving on up.
- No Pavel Datsyuk (head) and Todd Bertuzzi (shoulder) for Detroit. No problem. Tonight.
- Not the Bruins best night. They had 17 shots on goal.
- Jarome Iginla scored his fifth of the season for the Bruins, cutting the Red Wings to five with 2:25 remaining in regulation. Is he in your hockey pool?
- Should be mentioned that Red Wings goalie Jonas Gustavsson has won his last three starts. In his last two starts, he’s allowed a combined two goals on 39 shots.
- Despite their struggles in November, the Red Wings are only three points back of the Bruins for top spot in the Atlantic Division. The Bruins do have a game in hand.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)