Nov 27, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
In an Original Six match-up, the Detroit Red Wings hung six goals on the Boston Bruins.
The Red Wings took the lead in the first period and the floodgates opened in the second and third periods, as they defeated the visiting Bruins 6-1 to conclude Wednesday’s Rivalry Night on NBCSN.
- Things haven’t necessarily gone the Red Wings’ way of late. And you can look at this any number of ways, depending on your perspective. The Red Wings have won only three times in their last 11 games; won three times in their last four games; and twice in a row. Moving on up.
- No Pavel Datsyuk (head) and Todd Bertuzzi (shoulder) for Detroit. No problem. Tonight.
- Not the Bruins best night. They had 17 shots on goal.
- Jarome Iginla scored his fifth of the season for the Bruins, cutting the Red Wings to five with 2:25 remaining in regulation. Is he in your hockey pool?
- Should be mentioned that Red Wings goalie Jonas Gustavsson has won his last three starts. In his last two starts, he’s allowed a combined two goals on 39 shots.
- Despite their struggles in November, the Red Wings are only three points back of the Bruins for top spot in the Atlantic Division. The Bruins do have a game in hand.
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 2
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)