Nov 27, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
In an Original Six match-up, the Detroit Red Wings hung six goals on the Boston Bruins.
The Red Wings took the lead in the first period and the floodgates opened in the second and third periods, as they defeated the visiting Bruins 6-1 to conclude Wednesday’s Rivalry Night on NBCSN.
- Things haven’t necessarily gone the Red Wings’ way of late. And you can look at this any number of ways, depending on your perspective. The Red Wings have won only three times in their last 11 games; won three times in their last four games; and twice in a row. Moving on up.
- No Pavel Datsyuk (head) and Todd Bertuzzi (shoulder) for Detroit. No problem. Tonight.
- Not the Bruins best night. They had 17 shots on goal.
- Jarome Iginla scored his fifth of the season for the Bruins, cutting the Red Wings to five with 2:25 remaining in regulation. Is he in your hockey pool?
- Should be mentioned that Red Wings goalie Jonas Gustavsson has won his last three starts. In his last two starts, he’s allowed a combined two goals on 39 shots.
- Despite their struggles in November, the Red Wings are only three points back of the Bruins for top spot in the Atlantic Division. The Bruins do have a game in hand.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)