Nov 27, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
In an Original Six match-up, the Detroit Red Wings hung six goals on the Boston Bruins.
The Red Wings took the lead in the first period and the floodgates opened in the second and third periods, as they defeated the visiting Bruins 6-1 to conclude Wednesday’s Rivalry Night on NBCSN.
- Things haven’t necessarily gone the Red Wings’ way of late. And you can look at this any number of ways, depending on your perspective. The Red Wings have won only three times in their last 11 games; won three times in their last four games; and twice in a row. Moving on up.
- No Pavel Datsyuk (head) and Todd Bertuzzi (shoulder) for Detroit. No problem. Tonight.
- Not the Bruins best night. They had 17 shots on goal.
- Jarome Iginla scored his fifth of the season for the Bruins, cutting the Red Wings to five with 2:25 remaining in regulation. Is he in your hockey pool?
- Should be mentioned that Red Wings goalie Jonas Gustavsson has won his last three starts. In his last two starts, he’s allowed a combined two goals on 39 shots.
- Despite their struggles in November, the Red Wings are only three points back of the Bruins for top spot in the Atlantic Division. The Bruins do have a game in hand.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)