Nov 27, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re not visiting LA Kings Insider on a regular basis, chances are you’re missing out on some pretty fantastic Darryl Sutter quotes.
Take this morning, when the Kings’ head coach was asked about tonight’s big Pacific Division showdown with the San Jose Sharks, and apparently responded with this:
“We play 26 or 29 division games. You can’t come up with the real numbers. Whoever wins tonight, fine. Somebody is going to win. Somebody is going to get two, somebody might get one, and somebody might get none. That’s the way it is. It’s either three-and-two, two-and-[three], or two-and-two. Right? That’s what the division is, and it’s not balanced it because of 16-14. You can’t come up with numbers. I mean, I know now the big thing is – I’ve said it before. They should just come to me first, right? Because I said, ‘You know what? It’s going to take at least 100 points to make the playoffs.’ So now, everybody’s like ‘Oh, there’s going to be eight teams…’ I said that. Heck, that’s how good the teams are.”
To be perfectly honestly, he kind of lost us with all that “three-and-two” and “two-and-two” stuff. But he’s right about the Western Conference being tough; and it may indeed take 100 points to make the playoffs.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5