Nov 27, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re not visiting LA Kings Insider on a regular basis, chances are you’re missing out on some pretty fantastic Darryl Sutter quotes.
Take this morning, when the Kings’ head coach was asked about tonight’s big Pacific Division showdown with the San Jose Sharks, and apparently responded with this:
“We play 26 or 29 division games. You can’t come up with the real numbers. Whoever wins tonight, fine. Somebody is going to win. Somebody is going to get two, somebody might get one, and somebody might get none. That’s the way it is. It’s either three-and-two, two-and-[three], or two-and-two. Right? That’s what the division is, and it’s not balanced it because of 16-14. You can’t come up with numbers. I mean, I know now the big thing is – I’ve said it before. They should just come to me first, right? Because I said, ‘You know what? It’s going to take at least 100 points to make the playoffs.’ So now, everybody’s like ‘Oh, there’s going to be eight teams…’ I said that. Heck, that’s how good the teams are.”
To be perfectly honestly, he kind of lost us with all that “three-and-two” and “two-and-two” stuff. But he’s right about the Western Conference being tough; and it may indeed take 100 points to make the playoffs.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20