Nov 27, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
If you’re not visiting LA Kings Insider on a regular basis, chances are you’re missing out on some pretty fantastic Darryl Sutter quotes.
Take this morning, when the Kings’ head coach was asked about tonight’s big Pacific Division showdown with the San Jose Sharks, and apparently responded with this:
“We play 26 or 29 division games. You can’t come up with the real numbers. Whoever wins tonight, fine. Somebody is going to win. Somebody is going to get two, somebody might get one, and somebody might get none. That’s the way it is. It’s either three-and-two, two-and-[three], or two-and-two. Right? That’s what the division is, and it’s not balanced it because of 16-14. You can’t come up with numbers. I mean, I know now the big thing is – I’ve said it before. They should just come to me first, right? Because I said, ‘You know what? It’s going to take at least 100 points to make the playoffs.’ So now, everybody’s like ‘Oh, there’s going to be eight teams…’ I said that. Heck, that’s how good the teams are.”
To be perfectly honestly, he kind of lost us with all that “three-and-two” and “two-and-two” stuff. But he’s right about the Western Conference being tough; and it may indeed take 100 points to make the playoffs.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15