Nov 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Tropp, 24, has only appeared in nine games for the Sabres this year, registering one assist while averaging 10:29 TOI per game. His season was derailed by a broken jaw suffered during a preseason scrap with Toronto’s Jamie Devane.
Injuries have been a theme throughout Tropp’s time in Buffalo. Last year, he tore his ACL during the lockout — in the first game of AHL Rochester’s season, no less — and missed the entire year, inking a one-year extension with the Sabres in August.
At the time, there was some hope Tropp could rediscover the form that saw him score eight points in 34 games for Buffalo during the 2011-12 season. He was projected to be in the team’s bottom-six forward group, a guy that could provide energy and the occasional offensive spark.
As such, it’s possible someone will claim Tropp off waivers. He’s relatively young and carries a cap hit of just $577,500.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)