Nov 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Tropp, 24, has only appeared in nine games for the Sabres this year, registering one assist while averaging 10:29 TOI per game. His season was derailed by a broken jaw suffered during a preseason scrap with Toronto’s Jamie Devane.
Injuries have been a theme throughout Tropp’s time in Buffalo. Last year, he tore his ACL during the lockout — in the first game of AHL Rochester’s season, no less — and missed the entire year, inking a one-year extension with the Sabres in August.
At the time, there was some hope Tropp could rediscover the form that saw him score eight points in 34 games for Buffalo during the 2011-12 season. He was projected to be in the team’s bottom-six forward group, a guy that could provide energy and the occasional offensive spark.
As such, it’s possible someone will claim Tropp off waivers. He’s relatively young and carries a cap hit of just $577,500.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)