Nov 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Tropp, 24, has only appeared in nine games for the Sabres this year, registering one assist while averaging 10:29 TOI per game. His season was derailed by a broken jaw suffered during a preseason scrap with Toronto’s Jamie Devane.
Injuries have been a theme throughout Tropp’s time in Buffalo. Last year, he tore his ACL during the lockout — in the first game of AHL Rochester’s season, no less — and missed the entire year, inking a one-year extension with the Sabres in August.
At the time, there was some hope Tropp could rediscover the form that saw him score eight points in 34 games for Buffalo during the 2011-12 season. He was projected to be in the team’s bottom-six forward group, a guy that could provide energy and the occasional offensive spark.
As such, it’s possible someone will claim Tropp off waivers. He’s relatively young and carries a cap hit of just $577,500.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15