Nov 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Tropp, 24, has only appeared in nine games for the Sabres this year, registering one assist while averaging 10:29 TOI per game. His season was derailed by a broken jaw suffered during a preseason scrap with Toronto’s Jamie Devane.
Injuries have been a theme throughout Tropp’s time in Buffalo. Last year, he tore his ACL during the lockout — in the first game of AHL Rochester’s season, no less — and missed the entire year, inking a one-year extension with the Sabres in August.
At the time, there was some hope Tropp could rediscover the form that saw him score eight points in 34 games for Buffalo during the 2011-12 season. He was projected to be in the team’s bottom-six forward group, a guy that could provide energy and the occasional offensive spark.
As such, it’s possible someone will claim Tropp off waivers. He’s relatively young and carries a cap hit of just $577,500.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)