Nov 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Tropp, 24, has only appeared in nine games for the Sabres this year, registering one assist while averaging 10:29 TOI per game. His season was derailed by a broken jaw suffered during a preseason scrap with Toronto’s Jamie Devane.
Injuries have been a theme throughout Tropp’s time in Buffalo. Last year, he tore his ACL during the lockout — in the first game of AHL Rochester’s season, no less — and missed the entire year, inking a one-year extension with the Sabres in August.
At the time, there was some hope Tropp could rediscover the form that saw him score eight points in 34 games for Buffalo during the 2011-12 season. He was projected to be in the team’s bottom-six forward group, a guy that could provide energy and the occasional offensive spark.
As such, it’s possible someone will claim Tropp off waivers. He’s relatively young and carries a cap hit of just $577,500.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)