Nov 27, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
The 31-year-old rearguard last played on Nov. 5 in a 5-1 win over Calgary before being sidelined by an upper-body injury. That development was a tough one for the Minnesota native, as Ballard had only just returned from a seven-game absence (concussion) on Nov. 1.
Ballard has been somewhat effective for the Wild this year when healthy. He has four assists and a plus-6 rating in nine games, and logged a season-high 19:46 TOI in a 4-0 win over New Jersey on Nov. 3.
Problem is, he’s missed 16 of Minnesota’s 25 games this year and hasn’t been able to establish a consistent presence in the lineup.
In other Wild news, Jason Zucker has been reassigned to AHL Iowa, paving the way for Torrey Mitchell to get back into the lineup. Mitchell hasn’t played since Nov. 19 after suffering a hip injury in Montreal.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)