Nov 27, 2013, 5:14 PM EST
The 31-year-old rearguard last played on Nov. 5 in a 5-1 win over Calgary before being sidelined by an upper-body injury. That development was a tough one for the Minnesota native, as Ballard had only just returned from a seven-game absence (concussion) on Nov. 1.
Ballard has been somewhat effective for the Wild this year when healthy. He has four assists and a plus-6 rating in nine games, and logged a season-high 19:46 TOI in a 4-0 win over New Jersey on Nov. 3.
Problem is, he’s missed 16 of Minnesota’s 25 games this year and hasn’t been able to establish a consistent presence in the lineup.
In other Wild news, Jason Zucker has been reassigned to AHL Iowa, paving the way for Torrey Mitchell to get back into the lineup. Mitchell hasn’t played since Nov. 19 after suffering a hip injury in Montreal.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 31
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)