Nov 26, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov’s Oilers debut was inauspicious, but he’ll quickly have the chance to put it behind him.
Bryzgalov, who came on in relief Monday night in an eventual 5-1 loss to Chicago, will get his first start on Thursday when the Oilers take on the Preds in Nashville.
Despite Eakins’ comments, throwing the Russian netminder into the fire ended up a decent move. Bryzgalov wasn’t perfect, but he did stop 12 of 13 shots and said he felt “pretty good” in his first NHL action since April.
“I thought [Bryz] went in and played very well,” the Oilers coach explained.
The Oilers will hope Bryzgalov can continue his string of success against the Predators. He’s 9-6-3 vs. Nashville in his career, boasting a .913 save percentage and 2.54 GAA, with one shutout.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 23
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36