Nov 26, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
Well, Garbutt’s line at least. The Stars’ depth players managed to shine the brightest on NBCSN; Garbutt scored a goal and two assists, Antoine Roussel found the net twice and Vernon Fiddler collected a pair of helpers.
Stars backup Dan Ellis managed a win against his former team, stopping 28 out of 31 saves for his second win of the 2013-14 campaign.
Penner didn’t avenge Garbutt, yet he kept his strong play going, scoring a goal in tonight’s explosive third period. Jonas Hiller probably didn’t bump his trade value/standing on the team much with his performance, especially considering the fact that he allowed three goals in less than a minute to let this one get away.
(Whether they were his fault or could be blamed on the Ducks’ defense, that doesn’t look good.)
The Stars ended a two-game losing streak (an four-game skid at home) with the win, bouncing back from Saturday’s 6-1 loss to Detroit. The Stars host Chicago on Friday and Edmonton on Sunday, so this is an opportunity for Dallas to get into the thick of things. The Stars are 12-9-2 on the season.
The Ducks had a two-game winning streak coming into tonight’s loss, but they’ve been struggling big picture. They’re now 2-4-2 in their last eight games, bumping their record down to a still-impressive 17-7-3 mark on the season.
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 1
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 8
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)