Nov 26, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
Well, Garbutt’s line at least. The Stars’ depth players managed to shine the brightest on NBCSN; Garbutt scored a goal and two assists, Antoine Roussel found the net twice and Vernon Fiddler collected a pair of helpers.
Stars backup Dan Ellis managed a win against his former team, stopping 28 out of 31 saves for his second win of the 2013-14 campaign.
Penner didn’t avenge Garbutt, yet he kept his strong play going, scoring a goal in tonight’s explosive third period. Jonas Hiller probably didn’t bump his trade value/standing on the team much with his performance, especially considering the fact that he allowed three goals in less than a minute to let this one get away.
(Whether they were his fault or could be blamed on the Ducks’ defense, that doesn’t look good.)
The Stars ended a two-game losing streak (an four-game skid at home) with the win, bouncing back from Saturday’s 6-1 loss to Detroit. The Stars host Chicago on Friday and Edmonton on Sunday, so this is an opportunity for Dallas to get into the thick of things. The Stars are 12-9-2 on the season.
The Ducks had a two-game winning streak coming into tonight’s loss, but they’ve been struggling big picture. They’re now 2-4-2 in their last eight games, bumping their record down to a still-impressive 17-7-3 mark on the season.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)