Nov 26, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
Well, Garbutt’s line at least. The Stars’ depth players managed to shine the brightest on NBCSN; Garbutt scored a goal and two assists, Antoine Roussel found the net twice and Vernon Fiddler collected a pair of helpers.
Stars backup Dan Ellis managed a win against his former team, stopping 28 out of 31 saves for his second win of the 2013-14 campaign.
Penner didn’t avenge Garbutt, yet he kept his strong play going, scoring a goal in tonight’s explosive third period. Jonas Hiller probably didn’t bump his trade value/standing on the team much with his performance, especially considering the fact that he allowed three goals in less than a minute to let this one get away.
(Whether they were his fault or could be blamed on the Ducks’ defense, that doesn’t look good.)
The Stars ended a two-game losing streak (an four-game skid at home) with the win, bouncing back from Saturday’s 6-1 loss to Detroit. The Stars host Chicago on Friday and Edmonton on Sunday, so this is an opportunity for Dallas to get into the thick of things. The Stars are 12-9-2 on the season.
The Ducks had a two-game winning streak coming into tonight’s loss, but they’ve been struggling big picture. They’re now 2-4-2 in their last eight games, bumping their record down to a still-impressive 17-7-3 mark on the season.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2