Nov 26, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
If Tuesday’s edition of TSN’s Insider Trading is any indication, NHL teams are at least testing the trade waters. That, apparently, includes at least asking the Montreal Canadiens about Max Pacioretty and bending the Winnipeg Jets’ ears about Evander Kane, according to Bob McKenzie.
There are important caveats needed, even beyond the “things can always change” note that comes with even the most valid rumors.
In both cases, the teams aren’t actively shopping their promising young forwards. It just sounds like they’re at least listening to what other franchises have to say before (presumably) saying “No.”
McKenzie explains why there might be some rumblings. In the case of Pacioretty, the 25-year-old drew some attention by firing his agent. Meanwhile, Kane’s had his ups-and-downs with the Jets organization; that includes the 22-year-old just ending an 11-game goal-scoring slump.
The odds of either being moved are probably pretty low, but it’s interesting to think about on a light night of action, eh?
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)