Nov 26, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
If Tuesday’s edition of TSN’s Insider Trading is any indication, NHL teams are at least testing the trade waters. That, apparently, includes at least asking the Montreal Canadiens about Max Pacioretty and bending the Winnipeg Jets’ ears about Evander Kane, according to Bob McKenzie.
There are important caveats needed, even beyond the “things can always change” note that comes with even the most valid rumors.
In both cases, the teams aren’t actively shopping their promising young forwards. It just sounds like they’re at least listening to what other franchises have to say before (presumably) saying “No.”
McKenzie explains why there might be some rumblings. In the case of Pacioretty, the 25-year-old drew some attention by firing his agent. Meanwhile, Kane’s had his ups-and-downs with the Jets organization; that includes the 22-year-old just ending an 11-game goal-scoring slump.
The odds of either being moved are probably pretty low, but it’s interesting to think about on a light night of action, eh?
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)