Nov 26, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
If Tuesday’s edition of TSN’s Insider Trading is any indication, NHL teams are at least testing the trade waters. That, apparently, includes at least asking the Montreal Canadiens about Max Pacioretty and bending the Winnipeg Jets’ ears about Evander Kane, according to Bob McKenzie.
There are important caveats needed, even beyond the “things can always change” note that comes with even the most valid rumors.
In both cases, the teams aren’t actively shopping their promising young forwards. It just sounds like they’re at least listening to what other franchises have to say before (presumably) saying “No.”
McKenzie explains why there might be some rumblings. In the case of Pacioretty, the 25-year-old drew some attention by firing his agent. Meanwhile, Kane’s had his ups-and-downs with the Jets organization; that includes the 22-year-old just ending an 11-game goal-scoring slump.
The odds of either being moved are probably pretty low, but it’s interesting to think about on a light night of action, eh?
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)