Nov 26, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
If Tuesday’s edition of TSN’s Insider Trading is any indication, NHL teams are at least testing the trade waters. That, apparently, includes at least asking the Montreal Canadiens about Max Pacioretty and bending the Winnipeg Jets’ ears about Evander Kane, according to Bob McKenzie.
There are important caveats needed, even beyond the “things can always change” note that comes with even the most valid rumors.
In both cases, the teams aren’t actively shopping their promising young forwards. It just sounds like they’re at least listening to what other franchises have to say before (presumably) saying “No.”
McKenzie explains why there might be some rumblings. In the case of Pacioretty, the 25-year-old drew some attention by firing his agent. Meanwhile, Kane’s had his ups-and-downs with the Jets organization; that includes the 22-year-old just ending an 11-game goal-scoring slump.
The odds of either being moved are probably pretty low, but it’s interesting to think about on a light night of action, eh?
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63