Nov 26, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
If Tuesday’s edition of TSN’s Insider Trading is any indication, NHL teams are at least testing the trade waters. That, apparently, includes at least asking the Montreal Canadiens about Max Pacioretty and bending the Winnipeg Jets’ ears about Evander Kane, according to Bob McKenzie.
There are important caveats needed, even beyond the “things can always change” note that comes with even the most valid rumors.
In both cases, the teams aren’t actively shopping their promising young forwards. It just sounds like they’re at least listening to what other franchises have to say before (presumably) saying “No.”
McKenzie explains why there might be some rumblings. In the case of Pacioretty, the 25-year-old drew some attention by firing his agent. Meanwhile, Kane’s had his ups-and-downs with the Jets organization; that includes the 22-year-old just ending an 11-game goal-scoring slump.
The odds of either being moved are probably pretty low, but it’s interesting to think about on a light night of action, eh?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)