Nov 26, 2013, 9:41 PM EST
Miller, 20, has a single goal and a single assist in 15 games with the Rangers this season. He hasn’t appeared in a game since Nov. 17 and went three contests without a point.
The Rangers likely want to give the young forward more reps. They drafted him 15th overall in the 2011 NHL Draft, so expectations are high.
Miller makes room for Taylor Pyatt, who appears to be nearing a return from concussion issues.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)