Nov 26, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues won again last night, shutting out the Minnesota Wild, 3-0, and improving their record to 17-3-3.
As a reward for their fine play, they get to be the subject of our latest PHT Extra. (A massive honor, if there ever was one.)
So…what makes the Blues so good? And what could possibly hold them back from winning their first Stanley Cup in franchise history?
Can Roman Turek deliver when it counts?
Click play for our answers:
Halford sez: I goofed a bit with the Blues-Kings info — St. Louis and L.A. did not meet in the first round in both years. In 2012, they met in the second round. I apologize profusely and accept all the inevitable scorn the comments section will bring.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)