Nov 26, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins placed journeyman forward Matt D’Agostini on waivers Tuesday, just hours after he played over 11 minutes in last night’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston.
D’Agostini, 27, has appeared in eight games for Pittsburgh this season, recording one assist. He had been in and out of the Pens’ lineup for most of the year, missing three weeks with a lower-body injury while sitting out a handful of games as a healthy scratch.
The Pens signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year, $550,000 deal in the hopes he’d discover the form showed early in his career. He has two very solid NHL seasons on his resume — n 2008-09, he scored 12 goals and 21 points in just 53 games for the Canadiens, and appeared in three postseason contests.
The last two years, however, have been filled with disappointment.
D’Agostini fell out of favor in St. Louis during the 2011-12 campaign, and was shipped to New Jersey.
He failed to make much of an impact with the Devils, scoring just four points in 13 games, and wasn’t tendered a qualifying offer by the club in late June.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)