Nov 26, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins placed journeyman forward Matt D’Agostini on waivers Tuesday, just hours after he played over 11 minutes in last night’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston.
D’Agostini, 27, has appeared in eight games for Pittsburgh this season, recording one assist. He had been in and out of the Pens’ lineup for most of the year, missing three weeks with a lower-body injury while sitting out a handful of games as a healthy scratch.
The Pens signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year, $550,000 deal in the hopes he’d discover the form showed early in his career. He has two very solid NHL seasons on his resume — n 2008-09, he scored 12 goals and 21 points in just 53 games for the Canadiens, and appeared in three postseason contests.
The last two years, however, have been filled with disappointment.
D’Agostini fell out of favor in St. Louis during the 2011-12 campaign, and was shipped to New Jersey.
He failed to make much of an impact with the Devils, scoring just four points in 13 games, and wasn’t tendered a qualifying offer by the club in late June.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)