Nov 26, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins placed journeyman forward Matt D’Agostini on waivers Tuesday, just hours after he played over 11 minutes in last night’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston.
D’Agostini, 27, has appeared in eight games for Pittsburgh this season, recording one assist. He had been in and out of the Pens’ lineup for most of the year, missing three weeks with a lower-body injury while sitting out a handful of games as a healthy scratch.
The Pens signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year, $550,000 deal in the hopes he’d discover the form showed early in his career. He has two very solid NHL seasons on his resume — n 2008-09, he scored 12 goals and 21 points in just 53 games for the Canadiens, and appeared in three postseason contests.
The last two years, however, have been filled with disappointment.
D’Agostini fell out of favor in St. Louis during the 2011-12 campaign, and was shipped to New Jersey.
He failed to make much of an impact with the Devils, scoring just four points in 13 games, and wasn’t tendered a qualifying offer by the club in late June.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)