Nov 26, 2013, 1:05 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins placed journeyman forward Matt D’Agostini on waivers Tuesday, just hours after he played over 11 minutes in last night’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston.
D’Agostini, 27, has appeared in eight games for Pittsburgh this season, recording one assist. He had been in and out of the Pens’ lineup for most of the year, missing three weeks with a lower-body injury while sitting out a handful of games as a healthy scratch.
The Pens signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year, $550,000 deal in the hopes he’d discover the form showed early in his career. He has two very solid NHL seasons on his resume — n 2008-09, he scored 12 goals and 21 points in just 53 games for the Canadiens, and appeared in three postseason contests.
The last two years, however, have been filled with disappointment.
D’Agostini fell out of favor in St. Louis during the 2011-12 campaign, and was shipped to New Jersey.
He failed to make much of an impact with the Devils, scoring just four points in 13 games, and wasn’t tendered a qualifying offer by the club in late June.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 11
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 29
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 46
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)