Nov 26, 2013, 1:05 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins placed journeyman forward Matt D’Agostini on waivers Tuesday, just hours after he played over 11 minutes in last night’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston.
D’Agostini, 27, has appeared in eight games for Pittsburgh this season, recording one assist. He had been in and out of the Pens’ lineup for most of the year, missing three weeks with a lower-body injury while sitting out a handful of games as a healthy scratch.
The Pens signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year, $550,000 deal in the hopes he’d discover the form showed early in his career. He has two very solid NHL seasons on his resume — n 2008-09, he scored 12 goals and 21 points in just 53 games for the Canadiens, and appeared in three postseason contests.
The last two years, however, have been filled with disappointment.
D’Agostini fell out of favor in St. Louis during the 2011-12 campaign, and was shipped to New Jersey.
He failed to make much of an impact with the Devils, scoring just four points in 13 games, and wasn’t tendered a qualifying offer by the club in late June.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 14
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)