Nov 26, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
On Oct. 20, Anaheim forward Dustin Penner was knocked out on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt, one that sidelined Penner for five games with a concussion — and earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
[nbcsports_video src=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=466419 width=620 height=383
Tonight, the Ducks and Stars will meet for the first time since that incident. Penner says he’s not looking for retribution, but his coach alluded to something slightly different.
“I haven’t even thought about it,” Penner told the L.A. Times.
What say you, Bruce Boudreau?
“They always remember things,” Boudreau countered. “But that’s all on an individual basis. Sometimes you forget, sometimes you remember and sometimes you get in a position to hit them fair.”
As the Times notes, the Ducks have a history with settling the score:
Perhaps living well is the best revenge, or maybe retribution is best served without warning.
Things have gone remarkably well for Penner since the incident. He has 12 points in his last 12 games, including a big two-goal effort on Saturday in a win over against Pacific Division rivals Phoenix.
Garbutt, meanwhile, has returned from suspension to rank fourth among all Stars forwards in hits, with 26.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 7
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 56
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (56)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)