Nov 26, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
On Oct. 20, Anaheim forward Dustin Penner was knocked out on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt, one that sidelined Penner for five games with a concussion — and earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
[nbcsports_video src=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=466419 width=620 height=383
Tonight, the Ducks and Stars will meet for the first time since that incident. Penner says he’s not looking for retribution, but his coach alluded to something slightly different.
“I haven’t even thought about it,” Penner told the L.A. Times.
What say you, Bruce Boudreau?
“They always remember things,” Boudreau countered. “But that’s all on an individual basis. Sometimes you forget, sometimes you remember and sometimes you get in a position to hit them fair.”
As the Times notes, the Ducks have a history with settling the score:
Perhaps living well is the best revenge, or maybe retribution is best served without warning.
Things have gone remarkably well for Penner since the incident. He has 12 points in his last 12 games, including a big two-goal effort on Saturday in a win over against Pacific Division rivals Phoenix.
Garbutt, meanwhile, has returned from suspension to rank fourth among all Stars forwards in hits, with 26.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 5
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 80
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (80)