Nov 26, 2013, 12:08 PM EST
On Oct. 20, Anaheim forward Dustin Penner was knocked out on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt, one that sidelined Penner for five games with a concussion — and earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
[nbcsports_video src=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=466419 width=620 height=383
Tonight, the Ducks and Stars will meet for the first time since that incident. Penner says he’s not looking for retribution, but his coach alluded to something slightly different.
“I haven’t even thought about it,” Penner told the L.A. Times.
What say you, Bruce Boudreau?
“They always remember things,” Boudreau countered. “But that’s all on an individual basis. Sometimes you forget, sometimes you remember and sometimes you get in a position to hit them fair.”
As the Times notes, the Ducks have a history with settling the score:
Perhaps living well is the best revenge, or maybe retribution is best served without warning.
Things have gone remarkably well for Penner since the incident. He has 12 points in his last 12 games, including a big two-goal effort on Saturday in a win over against Pacific Division rivals Phoenix.
Garbutt, meanwhile, has returned from suspension to rank fourth among all Stars forwards in hits, with 26.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 36
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)