Nov 26, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
On Oct. 20, Anaheim forward Dustin Penner was knocked out on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt, one that sidelined Penner for five games with a concussion — and earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
[nbcsports_video src=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=466419 width=620 height=383
Tonight, the Ducks and Stars will meet for the first time since that incident. Penner says he’s not looking for retribution, but his coach alluded to something slightly different.
“I haven’t even thought about it,” Penner told the L.A. Times.
What say you, Bruce Boudreau?
“They always remember things,” Boudreau countered. “But that’s all on an individual basis. Sometimes you forget, sometimes you remember and sometimes you get in a position to hit them fair.”
As the Times notes, the Ducks have a history with settling the score:
Perhaps living well is the best revenge, or maybe retribution is best served without warning.
Things have gone remarkably well for Penner since the incident. He has 12 points in his last 12 games, including a big two-goal effort on Saturday in a win over against Pacific Division rivals Phoenix.
Garbutt, meanwhile, has returned from suspension to rank fourth among all Stars forwards in hits, with 26.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)