Nov 26, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
On Oct. 20, Anaheim forward Dustin Penner was knocked out on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt, one that sidelined Penner for five games with a concussion — and earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
[nbcsports_video src=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=466419 width=620 height=383
Tonight, the Ducks and Stars will meet for the first time since that incident. Penner says he’s not looking for retribution, but his coach alluded to something slightly different.
“I haven’t even thought about it,” Penner told the L.A. Times.
What say you, Bruce Boudreau?
“They always remember things,” Boudreau countered. “But that’s all on an individual basis. Sometimes you forget, sometimes you remember and sometimes you get in a position to hit them fair.”
As the Times notes, the Ducks have a history with settling the score:
Perhaps living well is the best revenge, or maybe retribution is best served without warning.
Things have gone remarkably well for Penner since the incident. He has 12 points in his last 12 games, including a big two-goal effort on Saturday in a win over against Pacific Division rivals Phoenix.
Garbutt, meanwhile, has returned from suspension to rank fourth among all Stars forwards in hits, with 26.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)