Nov 26, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild star Zach Parise is out two-to-three weeks with a bruised foot, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Parise suffered the injury blocking a shot in Monday’s 3-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues:
The good news is that the 29-year-old won’t need to undergo surgery.
In fact, the Wild were generally upbeat about the situation; GM Chuck Fletcher said he was worried this could have been a four-to-six week kind of problem.
Fletcher said knowing Parise, he’ll beat the window. A lot of it is pain tolerance, comfort. So could be 10 days, could be 3 weeks #mnwild
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) November 26, 2013
Fletcher said that this loss means forwards such as Jason Zucker and Dany Heatley need to step up.
It won’t be easy, as Parise himself noted a tough upcoming schedule. Still, these things happen, as Fletcher notes.
“We’ll see what this means, but there’s no reason to be overly down about it,” Fletcher said. “Every team goes through this.”
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34