Nov 26, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild star Zach Parise is out two-to-three weeks with a bruised foot, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Parise suffered the injury blocking a shot in Monday’s 3-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues:
The good news is that the 29-year-old won’t need to undergo surgery.
In fact, the Wild were generally upbeat about the situation; GM Chuck Fletcher said he was worried this could have been a four-to-six week kind of problem.
Fletcher said knowing Parise, he’ll beat the window. A lot of it is pain tolerance, comfort. So could be 10 days, could be 3 weeks #mnwild
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) November 26, 2013
Fletcher said that this loss means forwards such as Jason Zucker and Dany Heatley need to step up.
It won’t be easy, as Parise himself noted a tough upcoming schedule. Still, these things happen, as Fletcher notes.
“We’ll see what this means, but there’s no reason to be overly down about it,” Fletcher said. “Every team goes through this.”
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)