Nov 26, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
NBCSN has averaged 595,000 viewers over its first nine exclusive NHL telecasts (mostly Wednesday Night Rivalry), up 31% compared to the exclusive game average to this point in the 2011-12 season (455,000).
NBCSN’s Flyers-Penguins Wednesday Night Rivalry matchup on Nov. 13, in which the Flyers defeated the Penguins 2-1, drew 759,000 average viewers, making it the most-watched November NHL game on cable since 2001 (Flyers-Rangers, 11/14/01), and the most-watched November NHL game on NBCSN (formerly VERSUS). The Flyers-Penguins game was NBCSN’s second most-watched NHL game of the season to date, behind Capitals-Blackhawks (935,000) on opening night.
Also, please remember that this Friday is the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown between the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins. Coverage starts at 1 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)