Nov 26, 2013, 2:59 PM EST
NBCSN has averaged 595,000 viewers over its first nine exclusive NHL telecasts (mostly Wednesday Night Rivalry), up 31% compared to the exclusive game average to this point in the 2011-12 season (455,000).
NBCSN’s Flyers-Penguins Wednesday Night Rivalry matchup on Nov. 13, in which the Flyers defeated the Penguins 2-1, drew 759,000 average viewers, making it the most-watched November NHL game on cable since 2001 (Flyers-Rangers, 11/14/01), and the most-watched November NHL game on NBCSN (formerly VERSUS). The Flyers-Penguins game was NBCSN’s second most-watched NHL game of the season to date, behind Capitals-Blackhawks (935,000) on opening night.
Also, please remember that this Friday is the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown between the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins. Coverage starts at 1 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11