Nov 26, 2013, 2:59 PM EST
NBCSN has averaged 595,000 viewers over its first nine exclusive NHL telecasts (mostly Wednesday Night Rivalry), up 31% compared to the exclusive game average to this point in the 2011-12 season (455,000).
NBCSN’s Flyers-Penguins Wednesday Night Rivalry matchup on Nov. 13, in which the Flyers defeated the Penguins 2-1, drew 759,000 average viewers, making it the most-watched November NHL game on cable since 2001 (Flyers-Rangers, 11/14/01), and the most-watched November NHL game on NBCSN (formerly VERSUS). The Flyers-Penguins game was NBCSN’s second most-watched NHL game of the season to date, behind Capitals-Blackhawks (935,000) on opening night.
Also, please remember that this Friday is the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown between the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins. Coverage starts at 1 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4