Nov 26, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have had health issues all season long, and that trend continued on Tuesday.
Head coach Dan Bylsma confirmed that forward Tanner Glass broke his hand on Saturday in Montreal — an injury that’ll sideline Glass for 3-4 weeks — and that defenseman Paul Martin suffered a lower-body injury that’ll keep him out of Wednesday’s game against Toronto.
“[We’ll have a] further update on him in the next couple of days,” Bylsma said regarding Martin’s health.
News of these latest injuries came just hours after the Pens confirmed forward Beau Bennett would miss the next 8-10 weeks after undergoing hand/wrist surgery.
Bennett suffered the injury during Friday’s game against the New York Islanders, a disappointing development given he’d already missed 11 games this year with a lower-body injury.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
— Bennett is out following surgery.
— Glass is out with a broken hand
— Martin is out with a lower-body issue.
— Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
— Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
— Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)