Nov 26, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have had health issues all season long, and that trend continued on Tuesday.
Head coach Dan Bylsma confirmed that forward Tanner Glass broke his hand on Saturday in Montreal — an injury that’ll sideline Glass for 3-4 weeks — and that defenseman Paul Martin suffered a lower-body injury that’ll keep him out of Wednesday’s game against Toronto.
“[We’ll have a] further update on him in the next couple of days,” Bylsma said regarding Martin’s health.
News of these latest injuries came just hours after the Pens confirmed forward Beau Bennett would miss the next 8-10 weeks after undergoing hand/wrist surgery.
Bennett suffered the injury during Friday’s game against the New York Islanders, a disappointing development given he’d already missed 11 games this year with a lower-body injury.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
— Bennett is out following surgery.
— Glass is out with a broken hand
— Martin is out with a lower-body issue.
— Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
— Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
— Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 0
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Datsyuk, Mrazek powers Red Wings past Lightning in Game 1 30