Nov 26, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have had health issues all season long, and that trend continued on Tuesday.
Head coach Dan Bylsma confirmed that forward Tanner Glass broke his hand on Saturday in Montreal — an injury that’ll sideline Glass for 3-4 weeks — and that defenseman Paul Martin suffered a lower-body injury that’ll keep him out of Wednesday’s game against Toronto.
“[We'll have a] further update on him in the next couple of days,” Bylsma said regarding Martin’s health.
News of these latest injuries came just hours after the Pens confirmed forward Beau Bennett would miss the next 8-10 weeks after undergoing hand/wrist surgery.
Bennett suffered the injury during Friday’s game against the New York Islanders, a disappointing development given he’d already missed 11 games this year with a lower-body injury.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
– Bennett is out following surgery.
— Glass is out with a broken hand
— Martin is out with a lower-body issue.
— Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
— Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
— Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)