Nov 26, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins have had health issues all season long, and that trend continued on Tuesday.
Head coach Dan Bylsma confirmed that forward Tanner Glass broke his hand on Saturday in Montreal — an injury that’ll sideline Glass for 3-4 weeks — and that defenseman Paul Martin suffered a lower-body injury that’ll keep him out of Wednesday’s game against Toronto.
“[We’ll have a] further update on him in the next couple of days,” Bylsma said regarding Martin’s health.
News of these latest injuries came just hours after the Pens confirmed forward Beau Bennett would miss the next 8-10 weeks after undergoing hand/wrist surgery.
Bennett suffered the injury during Friday’s game against the New York Islanders, a disappointing development given he’d already missed 11 games this year with a lower-body injury.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
— Bennett is out following surgery.
— Glass is out with a broken hand
— Martin is out with a lower-body issue.
— Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
— Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
— Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54