Nov 26, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have had health issues all season long, and that trend continued on Tuesday.
Head coach Dan Bylsma confirmed that forward Tanner Glass broke his hand on Saturday in Montreal — an injury that’ll sideline Glass for 3-4 weeks — and that defenseman Paul Martin suffered a lower-body injury that’ll keep him out of Wednesday’s game against Toronto.
“[We’ll have a] further update on him in the next couple of days,” Bylsma said regarding Martin’s health.
News of these latest injuries came just hours after the Pens confirmed forward Beau Bennett would miss the next 8-10 weeks after undergoing hand/wrist surgery.
Bennett suffered the injury during Friday’s game against the New York Islanders, a disappointing development given he’d already missed 11 games this year with a lower-body injury.
So, just in case you’ve lost track:
— Bennett is out following surgery.
— Glass is out with a broken hand
— Martin is out with a lower-body issue.
— Chuck Kobasew is on IR with a lower-body issue.
— Rob Scuderi is on IR with a broken ankle.
— Tomas Vokoun is on LTIR with a blood clot.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)