Nov 26, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Tonight on NBCSN, it’s the Dallas Stars hosting the Anaheim Ducks starting at 8 p.m. ET. Following are some game notes, as compiled by the NHL on NBC research team:
— The Stars have not won a home game since defeating Calgary 5-1 on Oct. 24 (0-2-2 record). The last time they went more than one month between wins at the American Airlines Center was in the 2009-10 season (Feb. 6-Mar. 16, 2010).
— On Saturday, Corey Perry became the fourth player to play 600NHL games in a Ducks uniform (Teemu Selanne – 922, Steve Rucchin – 616, Paul Kariya – 606). Only Selanne (334) and Kariya (300) had more goals in their first 600 games with the franchise than Perry (233). (Elias Sports Bureau)
— Tonight, Sergei Gonchar is expected to become only the third Russian-born player to suit up in 1,200 NHL games.
— Kari Lehtonen is slated to make his 15th consecutive start in net tonight. That is the longest start streak in the NHL this season (Antti Niemi, 11), but well short of Lehtonen’s personal high (28, in 2005-06).
— The Ducks have been out-shot in a game only five times this season, tied for the fewest in the NHL (Chicago). They are a perfect 5-0-0 in those games, outscoring their opponents by a combined 16-9.
— The Stars (7-0-0) are one of six NHL teams that have yet to relinquish a point this season when leading at the second intermission (Colorado, N.Y. Rangers, Los Angeles, Columbus, Florida).
— Since scoring a goal in three consecutive games, Oct. 16-20, Teemu Selanne has gone 13 straight without one. It’s the longest drought for the “Finnish Flash” since Feb. 16-Mar. 27, 2004 (19 games).
— Seven players have seven or more goals in November. Three of them are featured in tonight’s game:
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)