Nov 26, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Tonight on NBCSN, it’s the Dallas Stars hosting the Anaheim Ducks starting at 8 p.m. ET. Following are some game notes, as compiled by the NHL on NBC research team:
— The Stars have not won a home game since defeating Calgary 5-1 on Oct. 24 (0-2-2 record). The last time they went more than one month between wins at the American Airlines Center was in the 2009-10 season (Feb. 6-Mar. 16, 2010).
— On Saturday, Corey Perry became the fourth player to play 600NHL games in a Ducks uniform (Teemu Selanne – 922, Steve Rucchin – 616, Paul Kariya – 606). Only Selanne (334) and Kariya (300) had more goals in their first 600 games with the franchise than Perry (233). (Elias Sports Bureau)
— Tonight, Sergei Gonchar is expected to become only the third Russian-born player to suit up in 1,200 NHL games.
— Kari Lehtonen is slated to make his 15th consecutive start in net tonight. That is the longest start streak in the NHL this season (Antti Niemi, 11), but well short of Lehtonen’s personal high (28, in 2005-06).
— The Ducks have been out-shot in a game only five times this season, tied for the fewest in the NHL (Chicago). They are a perfect 5-0-0 in those games, outscoring their opponents by a combined 16-9.
— The Stars (7-0-0) are one of six NHL teams that have yet to relinquish a point this season when leading at the second intermission (Colorado, N.Y. Rangers, Los Angeles, Columbus, Florida).
— Since scoring a goal in three consecutive games, Oct. 16-20, Teemu Selanne has gone 13 straight without one. It’s the longest drought for the “Finnish Flash” since Feb. 16-Mar. 27, 2004 (19 games).
— Seven players have seven or more goals in November. Three of them are featured in tonight’s game:
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes errant knee to head 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 1
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 30
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)