Nov 26, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Tonight on NBCSN, it’s the Dallas Stars hosting the Anaheim Ducks starting at 8 p.m. ET. Following are some game notes, as compiled by the NHL on NBC research team:
— The Stars have not won a home game since defeating Calgary 5-1 on Oct. 24 (0-2-2 record). The last time they went more than one month between wins at the American Airlines Center was in the 2009-10 season (Feb. 6-Mar. 16, 2010).
— On Saturday, Corey Perry became the fourth player to play 600NHL games in a Ducks uniform (Teemu Selanne – 922, Steve Rucchin – 616, Paul Kariya – 606). Only Selanne (334) and Kariya (300) had more goals in their first 600 games with the franchise than Perry (233). (Elias Sports Bureau)
— Tonight, Sergei Gonchar is expected to become only the third Russian-born player to suit up in 1,200 NHL games.
— Kari Lehtonen is slated to make his 15th consecutive start in net tonight. That is the longest start streak in the NHL this season (Antti Niemi, 11), but well short of Lehtonen’s personal high (28, in 2005-06).
— The Ducks have been out-shot in a game only five times this season, tied for the fewest in the NHL (Chicago). They are a perfect 5-0-0 in those games, outscoring their opponents by a combined 16-9.
— The Stars (7-0-0) are one of six NHL teams that have yet to relinquish a point this season when leading at the second intermission (Colorado, N.Y. Rangers, Los Angeles, Columbus, Florida).
— Since scoring a goal in three consecutive games, Oct. 16-20, Teemu Selanne has gone 13 straight without one. It’s the longest drought for the “Finnish Flash” since Feb. 16-Mar. 27, 2004 (19 games).
— Seven players have seven or more goals in November. Three of them are featured in tonight’s game:
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)