Nov 26, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Tonight on NBCSN, it’s the Dallas Stars hosting the Anaheim Ducks starting at 8 p.m. ET. Following are some game notes, as compiled by the NHL on NBC research team:
— The Stars have not won a home game since defeating Calgary 5-1 on Oct. 24 (0-2-2 record). The last time they went more than one month between wins at the American Airlines Center was in the 2009-10 season (Feb. 6-Mar. 16, 2010).
— On Saturday, Corey Perry became the fourth player to play 600NHL games in a Ducks uniform (Teemu Selanne – 922, Steve Rucchin – 616, Paul Kariya – 606). Only Selanne (334) and Kariya (300) had more goals in their first 600 games with the franchise than Perry (233). (Elias Sports Bureau)
— Tonight, Sergei Gonchar is expected to become only the third Russian-born player to suit up in 1,200 NHL games.
— Kari Lehtonen is slated to make his 15th consecutive start in net tonight. That is the longest start streak in the NHL this season (Antti Niemi, 11), but well short of Lehtonen’s personal high (28, in 2005-06).
— The Ducks have been out-shot in a game only five times this season, tied for the fewest in the NHL (Chicago). They are a perfect 5-0-0 in those games, outscoring their opponents by a combined 16-9.
— The Stars (7-0-0) are one of six NHL teams that have yet to relinquish a point this season when leading at the second intermission (Colorado, N.Y. Rangers, Los Angeles, Columbus, Florida).
— Since scoring a goal in three consecutive games, Oct. 16-20, Teemu Selanne has gone 13 straight without one. It’s the longest drought for the “Finnish Flash” since Feb. 16-Mar. 27, 2004 (19 games).
— Seven players have seven or more goals in November. Three of them are featured in tonight’s game:
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)