Nov 26, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets placed tough guy Jared Boll on the injured reserve on Tuesday because of a bruised foot, according to Rob Mixer of the team’s Web site. It’s retroactive to Nov. 22 and he’s eligible to return on Nov. 30.
The 27-year-old crossed the 1,000 PIM mark – all with Columbus – thanks to 38 in 21 games this season. Amazingly, it’s his feet that are causing him issues.
Mixer reports that Sean Collins was recalled from the AHL and is expected to play against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 10
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 23
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)