Nov 26, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets placed tough guy Jared Boll on the injured reserve on Tuesday because of a bruised foot, according to Rob Mixer of the team’s Web site. It’s retroactive to Nov. 22 and he’s eligible to return on Nov. 30.
The 27-year-old crossed the 1,000 PIM mark – all with Columbus – thanks to 38 in 21 games this season. Amazingly, it’s his feet that are causing him issues.
Mixer reports that Sean Collins was recalled from the AHL and is expected to play against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22