Nov 26, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets placed tough guy Jared Boll on the injured reserve on Tuesday because of a bruised foot, according to Rob Mixer of the team’s Web site. It’s retroactive to Nov. 22 and he’s eligible to return on Nov. 30.
The 27-year-old crossed the 1,000 PIM mark – all with Columbus – thanks to 38 in 21 games this season. Amazingly, it’s his feet that are causing him issues.
Mixer reports that Sean Collins was recalled from the AHL and is expected to play against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 1
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 22
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)