Nov 26, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets placed tough guy Jared Boll on the injured reserve on Tuesday because of a bruised foot, according to Rob Mixer of the team’s Web site. It’s retroactive to Nov. 22 and he’s eligible to return on Nov. 30.
The 27-year-old crossed the 1,000 PIM mark – all with Columbus – thanks to 38 in 21 games this season. Amazingly, it’s his feet that are causing him issues.
Mixer reports that Sean Collins was recalled from the AHL and is expected to play against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)