Nov 26, 2013, 8:06 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets placed tough guy Jared Boll on the injured reserve on Tuesday because of a bruised foot, according to Rob Mixer of the team’s Web site. It’s retroactive to Nov. 22 and he’s eligible to return on Nov. 30.
The 27-year-old crossed the 1,000 PIM mark – all with Columbus – thanks to 38 in 21 games this season. Amazingly, it’s his feet that are causing him issues.
Mixer reports that Sean Collins was recalled from the AHL and is expected to play against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 20
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11