Nov 26, 2013, 6:49 PM EST
Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason will miss one week with a lower-body injury, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports.
It’s the continuation of a tough year for the 30-year-old, who’s only been able to play in seven games in 2013-14. Here are the ailments he’s already dealt with this calendar year, via the Hockey News:
- He missed six games earlier in November with an upper-body injury.
- Gleason sat out 10 games with a concussion in October.
- Extending back to last season, he was unable to play in six contests thanks to a lower-body ailment.
So, yeah, things haven’t exactly gone well for Gleason lately. The same can be said for Carolina; the Hurricanes just ended a four-game losing streak on Sunday.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)