Nov 26, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason will miss one week with a lower-body injury, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports.
It’s the continuation of a tough year for the 30-year-old, who’s only been able to play in seven games in 2013-14. Here are the ailments he’s already dealt with this calendar year, via the Hockey News:
- He missed six games earlier in November with an upper-body injury.
- Gleason sat out 10 games with a concussion in October.
- Extending back to last season, he was unable to play in six contests thanks to a lower-body ailment.
So, yeah, things haven’t exactly gone well for Gleason lately. The same can be said for Carolina; the Hurricanes just ended a four-game losing streak on Sunday.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)