Nov 26, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason will miss one week with a lower-body injury, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports.
It’s the continuation of a tough year for the 30-year-old, who’s only been able to play in seven games in 2013-14. Here are the ailments he’s already dealt with this calendar year, via the Hockey News:
- He missed six games earlier in November with an upper-body injury.
- Gleason sat out 10 games with a concussion in October.
- Extending back to last season, he was unable to play in six contests thanks to a lower-body ailment.
So, yeah, things haven’t exactly gone well for Gleason lately. The same can be said for Carolina; the Hurricanes just ended a four-game losing streak on Sunday.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)