Nov 26, 2013, 6:49 PM EST
Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason will miss one week with a lower-body injury, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports.
It’s the continuation of a tough year for the 30-year-old, who’s only been able to play in seven games in 2013-14. Here are the ailments he’s already dealt with this calendar year, via the Hockey News:
- He missed six games earlier in November with an upper-body injury.
- Gleason sat out 10 games with a concussion in October.
- Extending back to last season, he was unable to play in six contests thanks to a lower-body ailment.
So, yeah, things haven’t exactly gone well for Gleason lately. The same can be said for Carolina; the Hurricanes just ended a four-game losing streak on Sunday.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 8
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 100
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (103)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)