Nov 26, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason will miss one week with a lower-body injury, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports.
It’s the continuation of a tough year for the 30-year-old, who’s only been able to play in seven games in 2013-14. Here are the ailments he’s already dealt with this calendar year, via the Hockey News:
- He missed six games earlier in November with an upper-body injury.
- Gleason sat out 10 games with a concussion in October.
- Extending back to last season, he was unable to play in six contests thanks to a lower-body ailment.
So, yeah, things haven’t exactly gone well for Gleason lately. The same can be said for Carolina; the Hurricanes just ended a four-game losing streak on Sunday.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)