Nov 25, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Shattenkirk has been told to stay away from the team for the day. As of this morning, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock was unsure if the 24-year-old would be well enough to play versus the Wild.
Shattenkirk is one of the NHL’s top offensive blue-liners. In 22 games, he has one goal and 15 assists. Yet, testament to the strength of the Blues’ defense corps, his 16 points ranks behind teammates Alex Pietrangelo (18 points) and Jay Bouwmeester (17). As the NHL on NBC research team noted earlier today, of the 12 defensemen in the NHL who have at least 15 points this season, three play for the Blues.
While Shattenkirk is questionable, one Blues defenseman who is definitely expected to play is Carlo Colaiacovo. It will be the season debut for the 30-year-old, who recently signed a one-year deal with the club.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)