Nov 25, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Shattenkirk has been told to stay away from the team for the day. As of this morning, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock was unsure if the 24-year-old would be well enough to play versus the Wild.
Shattenkirk is one of the NHL’s top offensive blue-liners. In 22 games, he has one goal and 15 assists. Yet, testament to the strength of the Blues’ defense corps, his 16 points ranks behind teammates Alex Pietrangelo (18 points) and Jay Bouwmeester (17). As the NHL on NBC research team noted earlier today, of the 12 defensemen in the NHL who have at least 15 points this season, three play for the Blues.
While Shattenkirk is questionable, one Blues defenseman who is definitely expected to play is Carlo Colaiacovo. It will be the season debut for the 30-year-old, who recently signed a one-year deal with the club.
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 0
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 0
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 3
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)