Nov 25, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Shattenkirk has been told to stay away from the team for the day. As of this morning, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock was unsure if the 24-year-old would be well enough to play versus the Wild.
Shattenkirk is one of the NHL’s top offensive blue-liners. In 22 games, he has one goal and 15 assists. Yet, testament to the strength of the Blues’ defense corps, his 16 points ranks behind teammates Alex Pietrangelo (18 points) and Jay Bouwmeester (17). As the NHL on NBC research team noted earlier today, of the 12 defensemen in the NHL who have at least 15 points this season, three play for the Blues.
While Shattenkirk is questionable, one Blues defenseman who is definitely expected to play is Carlo Colaiacovo. It will be the season debut for the 30-year-old, who recently signed a one-year deal with the club.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)