Nov 25, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Shattenkirk has been told to stay away from the team for the day. As of this morning, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock was unsure if the 24-year-old would be well enough to play versus the Wild.
Shattenkirk is one of the NHL’s top offensive blue-liners. In 22 games, he has one goal and 15 assists. Yet, testament to the strength of the Blues’ defense corps, his 16 points ranks behind teammates Alex Pietrangelo (18 points) and Jay Bouwmeester (17). As the NHL on NBC research team noted earlier today, of the 12 defensemen in the NHL who have at least 15 points this season, three play for the Blues.
While Shattenkirk is questionable, one Blues defenseman who is definitely expected to play is Carlo Colaiacovo. It will be the season debut for the 30-year-old, who recently signed a one-year deal with the club.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52