Nov 25, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
According to NHL.com’s Lou Korac, Shattenkirk has been told to stay away from the team for the day. As of this morning, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock was unsure if the 24-year-old would be well enough to play versus the Wild.
Shattenkirk is one of the NHL’s top offensive blue-liners. In 22 games, he has one goal and 15 assists. Yet, testament to the strength of the Blues’ defense corps, his 16 points ranks behind teammates Alex Pietrangelo (18 points) and Jay Bouwmeester (17). As the NHL on NBC research team noted earlier today, of the 12 defensemen in the NHL who have at least 15 points this season, three play for the Blues.
While Shattenkirk is questionable, one Blues defenseman who is definitely expected to play is Carlo Colaiacovo. It will be the season debut for the 30-year-old, who recently signed a one-year deal with the club.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)