Nov 25, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
The New York Rangers welcomed Taylor Pyatt back into the fold on Monday as he participated in a full morning skate — with contact — and appeared ready to re-join the team in the near future.
“Taylor is doing fine,” head coach Alain Vigneault told Blue Shirts United. “He’s been working out a little more than 10 days. He’s been cleared for all activity, and he should be ready for us soon.”
Pyatt, 32, suffered the concussion on a hit from Columbus defenseman Fedor Tyutin on Nov. 7, and has proceeded to miss the last seven games (he’ll miss No. 8 tonight against Tampa Bay.)
The veteran forward’s injury only compounded his rough start to the year — through the first 16 games, Pyatt had just a single point (an assist) and had an ugly minus-8 rating, all while averaging 13:32 TOI per game.
Pyatt’s in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million deal with the Rangers and, when ready to return, will finally give Vigneault a chance to ice his full lineup this year, as injuries to Pyatt, Ryan Callahan, Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash and Dominic Moore have derailed that opportunity.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)