Nov 25, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
The New York Rangers welcomed Taylor Pyatt back into the fold on Monday as he participated in a full morning skate — with contact — and appeared ready to re-join the team in the near future.
“Taylor is doing fine,” head coach Alain Vigneault told Blue Shirts United. “He’s been working out a little more than 10 days. He’s been cleared for all activity, and he should be ready for us soon.”
Pyatt, 32, suffered the concussion on a hit from Columbus defenseman Fedor Tyutin on Nov. 7, and has proceeded to miss the last seven games (he’ll miss No. 8 tonight against Tampa Bay.)
The veteran forward’s injury only compounded his rough start to the year — through the first 16 games, Pyatt had just a single point (an assist) and had an ugly minus-8 rating, all while averaging 13:32 TOI per game.
Pyatt’s in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million deal with the Rangers and, when ready to return, will finally give Vigneault a chance to ice his full lineup this year, as injuries to Pyatt, Ryan Callahan, Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash and Dominic Moore have derailed that opportunity.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)