Nov 25, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
The New York Rangers welcomed Taylor Pyatt back into the fold on Monday as he participated in a full morning skate — with contact — and appeared ready to re-join the team in the near future.
“Taylor is doing fine,” head coach Alain Vigneault told Blue Shirts United. “He’s been working out a little more than 10 days. He’s been cleared for all activity, and he should be ready for us soon.”
Pyatt, 32, suffered the concussion on a hit from Columbus defenseman Fedor Tyutin on Nov. 7, and has proceeded to miss the last seven games (he’ll miss No. 8 tonight against Tampa Bay.)
The veteran forward’s injury only compounded his rough start to the year — through the first 16 games, Pyatt had just a single point (an assist) and had an ugly minus-8 rating, all while averaging 13:32 TOI per game.
Pyatt’s in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million deal with the Rangers and, when ready to return, will finally give Vigneault a chance to ice his full lineup this year, as injuries to Pyatt, Ryan Callahan, Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash and Dominic Moore have derailed that opportunity.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)