Nov 25, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
The New York Rangers welcomed Taylor Pyatt back into the fold on Monday as he participated in a full morning skate — with contact — and appeared ready to re-join the team in the near future.
“Taylor is doing fine,” head coach Alain Vigneault told Blue Shirts United. “He’s been working out a little more than 10 days. He’s been cleared for all activity, and he should be ready for us soon.”
Pyatt, 32, suffered the concussion on a hit from Columbus defenseman Fedor Tyutin on Nov. 7, and has proceeded to miss the last seven games (he’ll miss No. 8 tonight against Tampa Bay.)
The veteran forward’s injury only compounded his rough start to the year — through the first 16 games, Pyatt had just a single point (an assist) and had an ugly minus-8 rating, all while averaging 13:32 TOI per game.
Pyatt’s in the final year of a two-year, $3.1 million deal with the Rangers and, when ready to return, will finally give Vigneault a chance to ice his full lineup this year, as injuries to Pyatt, Ryan Callahan, Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash and Dominic Moore have derailed that opportunity.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)